1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Age Gap Difference

Age Gap Difference Posted 01 February 2007
i would like to know the biggest age gap between you and someone you dated??

I am 38 and typically date younger men (youngest being 21 and oldest 29)....only because the old guys seem like they have their routines of coming home flopping on the sofa and listen to OLD music....
Vertihvostka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 01 February 2007
The current one I'm in is actually my biggest age gap. I'm 19 and he's 23.

One of my ex's just turned 24 and another ex is 20.

Only once I've dated younger then me and he was a year younger (it was in highschool).
Hertikol882
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 02 February 2007
I've dated both older and younger men. The biggest gap either way was only three years though.
flower_curator
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 05 February 2007
heh.. im one of the youngest kdi in my grade, so all the girls i see are a year or two older. i like older girls more though... and it seems like its only them who think i look good. lol. there was this younger girl once... but that never worked out.
Selesta
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 06 February 2007
My biggest gap was thirty years.
eidosbd
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 07 February 2007
hmmmm..i was 15 and he is 27.

shhhh.....dun ley my bf find out XP
Bandit
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 08 February 2007
im 19 and my bf is 25

personally i prefer boys a bit older...
Val Phoenix
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 09 February 2007
hmmmm..i was 15 and he is 27.

shhhh.....dun ley my bf find out XPIn my opinion I'd love to beat the fuck out of that 27 year old.

But anyways, the largest age gap I've dated in (although I haven't dated around much at all) was 6 years. She is now 28 and I am 22.

Rod Steele
prozac7674
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 12 February 2007
eh im not sure something like 12-39 somrthing like that u do the math
Zuban
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 13 February 2007
i have always prefered older guys. but in hs they were only like a year or two older than me. after that i dated a 24 year old when i was like 19. we lived 2 doors down from each other our whole lives. he was my bro's best friend and we started dating after he moved out after college. my current boyfriend is like 3 1/2 years older than me. i like it like that.
xXx
Paris forums Member

Posted 14 February 2007
i am 23 and my cuurent bf is 28. that is my longest gap ever.
Frodo
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 15 February 2007
sfalexi >> why?

but he is kinda hard on me tho

yeah, i like older guys too. My bf looks like he is 20 when he is actually only 18. Acts like 14 tho XP
Bandit
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 February 2007
Because no matter how mature you are, no matter how old you look, no matter WHAT the circumstance, a 27 year old guy should have the morals to say "no" and turn his thoughts away from any sort of relationship with you.

It's so bad, that people that are put in jail for going after underage people like yourself are actually beaten by the inmates and often killed for being that vile and having such horrible judgement.

Rod Steele
prozac7674
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 February 2007
Because no matter how mature you are, no matter how old you look, no matter WHAT the circumstance, a 27 year old guy should have the morals to say "no" and turn his thoughts away from any sort of relationship with you.

It's so bad, that people that are put in jail for going after underage people like yourself are actually beaten by the inmates and often killed for being that vile and having such horrible judgement.

Rod Steele

I completly agree that is a big age gap, especially when your under the legal age of 16 (UK) 18 (USA) ,he should be jailbait.
sekopunt_pr
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 19 February 2007
This girl I like is 16 years old. I am 18, you think that's too young?
Bill Mortensen
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 20 February 2007
Honestly I don't care what anyone thinks so disregard that reply...and this one...and the one I might make in the future. I do think age is just a number, but the whole 27 and 15 year old...thats just wrong, thats like me dating a 6 year old...
Bill Mortensen
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 21 February 2007
Exactly Andy. You got it.

And to answer your question, between 18 and 16, I don't think that's wrong at all. I'm not sure, but I believe there's some sort of "two year" rule in US. WHere you CAN crossover that barrier but only if you're within two years. It may just be an 'unwritten' rule that is just considered acceptable.

But no. 18 - 16 difference ain't gonna be wrong in ANYONE'S book. And if they tell you otherwise, they're being paranoid.

Rod Steele
prozac7674
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 22 February 2007
Exactly Andy. You got it.

And to answer your question, between 18 and 16, I don't think that's wrong at all. I'm not sure, but I believe there's some sort of "two year" rule in US. WHere you CAN crossover that barrier but only if you're within two years. It may just be an 'unwritten' rule that is just considered acceptable.

But no. 18 - 16 difference ain't gonna be wrong in ANYONE'S book. And if they tell you otherwise, they're being paranoid.

Rod Steele

I bet the 27 yr old will still be cruising the high schools once he dumps you. Find someone your own age, he is way too immature for you.
johny-johny
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 23 February 2007
well, to tell the truth, 16 is for us, but in my place its 18.

n also, yeah, he is a jerk. Plus, im his first date XP
Bandit
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 26 February 2007
u people are funny
Zuban
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 12 March 2007
I'd like to beat the living fuck out of college guys who date sophomores and younger! Once you hit 18, then date whoever you want. But I don't go farther than two year differences for now. My ex (sophomore) is STILL dating that college fag. God they're stupid. And yes, 16 and 18 is ok, under most circumstances.
Marcus Indigo
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 13 March 2007
18-16 seems like a lot now, but if it became 26-24, you'd see much less of a difference, eh? ;) 48-46. And so on.
ShowMustGoOn
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 14 March 2007
u people are funny

LMAO! I just noticed that!
Marcus Indigo
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 March 2007
Yeah, the lower the age the greater the maturity and life experience difference, which is what really counts. In the US the law is that once youre 18 you cant have sexual relations with anyone under 18, or its statutory rape. The exception to this is that (at least in Texas) you can get married at I believe 15 or 16 with parental consent, in which case sexual relations are perfectly legal. I believe that under 18 there is a two year age difference law or it is again statutory rape.
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 19 March 2007
In the US the law is that once youre 18 you cant have sexual relations with anyone under 18, or its statutory rape.

I heard 16-16 and everything up from there is ok, with consent.
ShowMustGoOn
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 20 March 2007
Kronos, you're right about the 18 year old rule, but as far as cops go, no cop is gonna bust your balls (pun intended) for consentual sexual relations with someone within two years of you. An 18 year old guy would not be put in jail for having consentual sex with a 16 year old girl. Nor 19/17. It's just not worth it and they realize that it's pretty stupid.

If the parents REALLY push the issue, they might get a slap on the wrist or something, but frankly, cops in almost EVERY town have bigger fish to fry than a guy who dated a cheerleader but just "happens" to have had his 18th birthday a year or two before her.

Rod Steele
prozac7674
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 21 March 2007
yea just encase anyone here does not know my veiws on this subject....i personaly think its healthy and respectible (and of course hot) for a guy to be much older then girl weather it be 45 and 46 or 11 and 52
Zuban
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 22 March 2007
11 and 52?

do you feel, at the age of 11, someone can give *informed* consent for sex?

i respectfully disagree.
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 23 March 2007
11 year olds can't even give 'informed' consent to their supper. >_>

Besides all that, what I find with dating type relationships that have a large age gap is that the two have a VERY hard time communicating. This is especially true when one person is around the two main transitional periods, High School grad and College grad. A high school kid, who may never have even held a job or paid bills, has very little to offer (emotionally) someone out there working their ass off just so they can buy some hot dogs to go with their kraft dinner. The high school kid certainly doesn't want to date someone who goes around turning off all the lights just like their dad used to do to try and save a nickel or two on the next power bill. >_>

Once the honeymoon phase is over...so is most everything else. For both your sakes, find someone who's on your wavelength.
jenifferka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 26 March 2007
when i said 11 and 52 i was using numbers far apart to show my point although i know many people that at the age of 11 to contemperize in there minds what sex is...the object of sex itsslef is simply to understand its having a take on what it means and whats ok and whats not that makes it hard at one with such tender and impressible thoughts to enquire about

although i still stand true to what i said
Zuban
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 27 March 2007
wow 11 and 52.. that's like me dating a female that is either, 2 years old, or on the other end, around 114. damn, she better start using botox if she wants to keep me by her side.

raverboy
ParisFashion
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 07 January 2009
:) well just to let all yall know age aient nothing but a number!!

Posted 21 March 2009
hi .......
how arr u today?
powerrich
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 02 April 2009
I never dated a man who is younger than me. The older man i've dated before was 42 and the other one was 39 and my ex was 34. Now, my boyfriend is 32 and he's 3 years older than me.
aimhigh
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Romance Forum