1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

First Love

First Love Posted 14 June 2007
You know the expression, (which goes something like...)

"You never fully get over your first love."

What are your thoughts on that? How about other loves? How easy was it for you to move on? Even once you've moved on do you still feel something for an ex?
vehtopunt_rx
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 15 June 2007
Actually my first love didn't hurt that much. She's still my best friend and I still love her, and if I spend enough time with her I end up falling for her over and over again. If that's how you mean by getting over then I never have. But if you mean it still hurts, it never did hurt too badly. It sucked and made me sad but nothing compared to my second love. That tore me apart and it still hurts to this day. I don't think how many you've had makes it easier or harder to get over, but how much of yourself you put into it.
Bandit
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 18 June 2007
I guess Im lucky for not having an ex. Some people's stories sound really painful..
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 19 June 2007
i fell in love for the first time HARD two years ago. Since then ive had numerous girlfriends, etc. but what i have found is that you never truly get over your first love. U give that person a piece of you that u can never get back. all you can do is try to move on. However, dont be surprised if you just spontaneously think about her. She was as much of part of you as you are, and that doesnt disapear fast, even after two years.
Zuban
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 20 June 2007
I fell in love a year ago, and split up a month ago, I didnt really find it that hard, course its hard when I see her and stuff because it brings back so many memorys, but once you have another girl, youll be fine.
Lion
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 21 June 2007
I believe that. When you get involved with another girl, and it's not just a fling, it helps you move on. I still care alot for my first love. I wouldn't mind dating her again but hey, I'm getting by. Sorta...
Marcus Indigo
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 21 June 2007
My first love was years ago. I guess I was 21. And in retrospect I am glad we didn't work out. I was a totally different person that she was.

I still think about her from time to time. I still have a picture of her and a shirt she used to wear... But, I know that I'll never forget her like some I've dated, because she was my first for everything.

LINEBACKER 2
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 22 June 2007
My first love was the love of my life. I haven't found anyone quite like him. He was warm and caring and all of the things a life mate has to offer. However, he moved on and so did I. He was my first everything. i still have pictures too. I haven't really though baout him in awhile. We broke up on bad terms. He ended up cheating on me with a friend of mine who eventually did it back to him!

Bad Karma!
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 25 June 2007
What comes around goes around. In most cases.

My first love was so long ago... We just moved on aswell... we both grew up and realized that maybe it just wouldn't work. But, who knows.

No point in thinking about it now, though. It's been several years and I've moved on and I am sure she has aswell.

LINEBACKER 2
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 26 June 2007
You sound like you want to talk to her. Do you still have feelings for her after all these years?
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 27 June 2007
No feelings. Just memories. Like I said it's been years. The only think I hope, is that she's doing good for herself. That's it.

Nothing else.

LINEBACKER 2
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 28 June 2007
That's expected. I sort of miss him in a wierd way. Not that I would want him back but just to see if his happy. We were young, and I don't want to hold any grudges.
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 29 June 2007
Me too. I don't hold grudges against her. I just hope the woman is doing good for herself.
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 09 July 2007
ok, here's a twist to this thread, how about any loves after the first one?

have you had any loves that are still special to you even though they may not represent any sort of milestone to you?
vehtopunt_rx
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 10 July 2007
yup...

sure have. Still thinking about the one that got away. It's heartbreaking.
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 11 July 2007
Or thinking about the ones you can never have. That is a heartbreaker aswell.
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 12 July 2007
I had to move out of the state I used to live in. I met him where I worked. He is such an amazing guy. Unfortunately, he was hung up on a incrediably beautful girl who had a boyfriend. He would sneak out to meet her all the time.

We dated and became friends before this happened. I didn't have alot of time for him so we broke up and he ended up with this girl. I was really dumb. I just thought school was more important then.

It's even harder when you find someone and there is no way of ever being with that person.
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 13 July 2007
Yeah for sure. How does that saying go? Distance makes the hearts grow fonder... Is that true? If you find out, let me know.
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 July 2007
distance makes the heart grow fonder? welll that depends...on the strength of the relationship before hand...

im personally not a fan of long distance....especially when younger. cause you miss out on so many things, that when you are together ive seen in generally result in fights.

people who are together long distance make up this person emotionally, but in the day to day lives......have no clue.
vehtopunt_rx
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 17 July 2007
Oh, long distance totally sucks. But, when those two people finally meet up, the romance and the emotions are like none other.

Making it work is something else.

But, distance does make the hearts grow fonder. No question.
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 18 July 2007
Does it? Or is it out of sight out of mind? I think it depends on the relationship. I have done the long distance thin. It was horriable. I flet like I couldn't trust him and I was totally in love with him but we couldn't be together. It was so messed up.

THen therewas a time just recently, when I was alone for 6 months and loved it. I had a chance to really get used to me again. It was reviiltilizing. Does that mean I love the person less even thought he wasn't here? No. I just needed the space for awhile.
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 19 July 2007
OK, now this is a question I have to ask, a few people have mentioned that their first loves were like 21 etc etc, but is that counting puppy love? I have just come out of a relationship and well I fell all of the hurt etc etc, so Im just wondering, and in fact Im wishing that she isnt my first real love, but I suppose that only time can tell. Im 16- hope that explains a bit more.
xXx
Paris forums Member

Posted 03 May 2008
Good question.. She probaly was very important to you and you most likely "loved her" what is your definition of love?
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 03 May 2008
I have never been in love :sad: Came close a few times, but wasn't with the person long enough to fall in love. How long dose it take to fall in love?
flower_curator
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 03 May 2008
wow, another good question. I guess only time can tell you that one. If you love them you know when the time is ... i guess. It depends mostly on you right?
sarinka
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Romance Forum