1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

How Much To Move To Paris To Stay?

How Much to move to paris to stay? Posted 13 June 2008
Could anyone please tell me how much it costs to MOVE to paris to stay?? i have heard it costs a FORTUNE!. could anyone please shed some light on this?

Thanks In Advance
stuartscotland
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 31 July 2008
To MOVE to paris.... well its not THAT expensive... im from the states and , the most expensive thing is the flight over, from there, its just looking for a place to rent out, ..... not much else, the metro isnt expensive, neither are the supermarkets (franprix, G20) .... unless im missing something important, that should be the worst of your worries
TorrentialRX
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 08 September 2008
If you are going to rent an apartment in Paris, it is not going to be expensive, unless you want to buy a property. Shipping your car by sea freight costs around 2000$. Even more you'll have to spend for the furniture.
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 14 September 2008
The worst part when moving is the conversion rate of your savings. remember there is EUR in all the europe, which btw is much stronger than the USdollar.
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: How Much to move to paris to stay? Posted 04 June 2010
Hey! I think the phrase "cost a fortune" is quite an exaggeration, don't you think? I mean you should also consider the fact that you are moving to Paris, one of the most influential and powerful cities in the world! Though it may not come as cheap as say moving to a quieter city, still if you know how to manage your money well then moving to Paris need not "cost a fortune". There are some cheaper places to live in Paris, it just takes some good hunting! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Re: How Much to move to paris to stay? Posted 04 June 2010
Isea is right,

the cost really depends on your lifestyle, different arrondissements offer varying rental, restaurant etc prices.

as with anywhere you have a choice for anything, say the supermarkets, if you shop a monoprix, you'll get a fraction of shopping compared to going to ED.

also, you could move to the suburbs (i would avoid the north), the rent will drop the further out you move

goodluck
ironfever
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help