1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Sleeping And Health

Sleeping and Health Posted 11 October 2008
Don't forget that anything you do with your body and mind requires carefulness and accuracy. Don't laugh, but sleeping correctly is not less important. On average, one spends about 1/3 of his life for sleeping. Yes, that's true. Others, who like to sleep spend even more, they simply don't realize this.
Now ask yourself - how much time do you spend on sleeping? I should tell you that it depends on your age. The older you get, the less time you have to sleep.
Remember that abusing on sleeping may cause you different problems, starting from ordinary bad mood to serious health dysfunctions.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Fight sleeplessness Posted 11 October 2008
While many people can't wait for the end of the working day to get have a sleep, there are people who can't fall asleep. This phenomenon is called sleeplessness. Sometimes a stress simply doesn't allow you falling asleep, but sometimes it becomes a usage for the mind and body. In this case, you should fight that.
In fighting sleeplessness do not apply to medicines. This artificial stuff will only kill you more, it's a temporary effect.
Counting sheep? :) Maybe. But, your mind can get you away of that and it may cause you even more tiredness.
My advice is to meditate a little bit. If your body and mind are overall relaxed, the sleep will come itself. Remember, efforts must be avoided, because it's a natural process.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 23 October 2008
Your ages tells you how much you should sleep. The older you get, the less you have to sleep. By 50, the best sleep should last 6 hours.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 23 October 2008
Try to fall asleep by thinking about the good things you've done during the day. That helps indeed, besides, you'll analyze the good and bad parts of it.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 25 October 2008
Read a very very boring book before you sleep. You can even fall asleep with the book in your hands. Choose to read something like that will make you bored quickly.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 25 October 2008
It's important to sleep well namely at nights. You see, while you sleep your body works out a special very essential hormone responsible for your vitality.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 31 October 2008
You probably heard that coffee causes different effects on different people. It's common to know that coffee makes you energetic. However know what your body thinks about coffee. It may give a reverse effect and make you wanna sleep.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 04 November 2008
Doctors consider the best position to sleep on is the position on the back. Don't sleep with your belly on your bad, since you give loads to your heart.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 09 November 2008
There is no better way to a solid sleep than a good body exercise about 4 hours before going to bed. Cycling is the best possible sport for this. Or, you can simply turn on your CD-player and dance a little bit in order to get tired
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 10 November 2008
In order that your sleep is ensured to best quality, it is recommended to take a contrast shower before sleep. Contrast means you change the water temperature from hot to cold, and vice-versa. Do that several times. You'll feel good.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 12 November 2008
During the night, the body requires freedom. So a foremost rule is to avoid strong-fitted pajama or underwear. Blood circulation wants the freedom to penetrate wherever it wants.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 12 November 2008
remember that sleeplessness is a disease only if it happens over and over again. If you had it once, don't look for solutions, and of course don't use pills, since it will pass.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 November 2008
make your body to get used to a habbit that you usually do before the sleep - like, tooth brushing etc.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 16 November 2008
Sleeplessness can be removed by drinking before the bed a cup of milk mixed with honey.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 17 November 2008
try a little valerian. If it doesn't work then you should load yourself during the day so that you fall asleep easy.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 02 December 2008
The world record on the longest sleep is 18 days, 21 hours and 40 minutes.
People can sleep with opened eyes.
If 5 minutes is sufficient for you to fall asleep, then you obviously suffer from slee shortage. The ideal interval is 10 to 15 minutes.
Parents lose about 700 hours of sleep because of their first child
The best way not to sleep is surfing the net.
Snore appears only when the human is deeply fallen asleep
Your body cools when you sleep
A little noise during the first and the last two hours of sleep can easily wake you up
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Fight sleeplessness Posted 18 February 2010
Drink a glass of warm milk or eat a banana before you go to bed. Relax your mind and think about the things happened during the day. Drive away the stress and close your eyes. Make your sleeping environment quiet and comfortable.
Exercise regularly at the same time everyday in the morning.Exercise will help you fall asleep faster, and have a better quality of sleep.

Meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction which makes you sleep faster. Practice yoga/meditation for inner peace.
Enjoy your Sleep
TracyDenham
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Sleep correct Posted 20 February 2010
18 days is difficult to believe, are you sure you got that correct? they were simply sleeping?
ironfever
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Fight sleeplessness Posted 15 March 2010
listen to soft music,slows,watchlove movies,visit your doctor. buy cds that may be lalla by do some tiresome work by the time you finish you have a warm shower when you fall on your bed it will be bed time.....
miltonzon
Paris Forums Starter

What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 09 March 2011
Hi All;

First, I do not have insomnia, I can sleep just fine, I am just choosing not to because I can. I can stay up for two days at a time without any trouble, and I don't use any drugs to keep me awake. Now, I am not even tired when I go to sleep at the end of the 2nd day, but I go to sleep anyway because I know I should. I have been doing this for about a month, and it appears to have no effect on my health. I exercise every day and eat right, I just think that this may somehow effect my health in the long run. Is there anything I need to worry about

Regards
berryk
Paris forums Member

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 11 March 2011
First of all Dark Circle below eyes. Then mental stress. You will not feel energetic and fresh.
abelabner39
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 18 March 2011
The above mention negitive effect is quite right of over sleeping.
over sleeping can also leave harmful effect on the health.
Stanley
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 19 March 2011
The above effect are not seems to be related to over sleeping. I think over sleeping gives habit to the body to sit ideal means not working condition that make our body lazy. When human body does not invest required energy as daily routine then it moves towards some diseases like diabetics :cry: , fat :sad: , prblm related to heart :suicide: etc.
kaycee
Paris forums Member

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 07 April 2011
Loss of sleep means you start to lose concentration, get baggy eyes and slow become crazier and crazier.
janie
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 09 April 2011
If you do not give 8 hours for sleeping, it will have bad impact on
your health. May be mind stress cause by not getting enough sleep.
Stanley
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 15 April 2011
Hi All,
Few negative health effects if you will not getting enough sleep:
Depression,
High blood pressure,
Heart failure or stroke,
Obesity,
Mental impairment.
We should sleep 7/8 hours to stay healthy and active.
Cherlie
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 15 April 2011
These are all the symptoms of not getting enough sleep and depression and high blood pressure may cause because of this. And we should take care of our health in such matters.
Flemming88
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 29 July 2011
Hi berryk.
Some negative health effects of not getting enough sleep are:
You might get headache,
It decrease your daytime alertness,
Blurred version,
Dark circles under your eyes,
Tiredness and dizziness,
Vague body discomfort,
Memory lapse,
Difficulty in concentrating.
Clauder
Paris forums Member

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 30 July 2011
Sleep is important for health. We can't do anything perfectly during a day without a proper sleep. We should sleep at least 6 to 8 hours in a day. Sleep is important for a healthy life so we should be care for it.
Shown
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: What are the negative health effects of not getting enough sleep? Posted 30 July 2011
There are many side effects of not getting proper sleep and you get your eyes dark because of not getting proper sleep and it has some side effects on health and health care is very essential.
Chris Tremlet
Paris Forums Visitor

Benefits of sleep Posted 20 September 2011
Hi All,
It is recommended to sleep for 8 hours through out a day.
Some benefits of sleeping 8 hours daily.
It will improve memory,
It will help in live healthier and longer,
It sharpens your attention,
It improve your grades,
It reduces stress.
Clauder
Paris forums Member

Re: Benefits of sleep Posted 27 September 2011
I agree with these benefits. Sleep is important for health and it is the need out our life. If we sleep well then we can enjoy life and we can live healthy life. So i suggest everyone to sleep at least 6 to 8 hours in a day.
Shown
Paris Forums Visitor

Tips to beat insomnia Posted 27 September 2011
Hi All,
Some effective tips to beat insomnia.
Avoid taking anything at least an hour before going to bed,
Do check your medications,
Do deal with obvious sleep disturbances,
Avoid caffeine, cigarette and other stimulants,
Make a schedule of sleeping and awaking,
Do exercise regularly.
Clauder
Paris forums Member

Side effects of sleeping pills Posted 11 October 2011
Hi All,
We must avoid taking sleeping pills as they have some side effects.
Headache,
Heartburn,
Constipation/diarrhea,
Dizziness,
Weakness,
Drowsiness,
Dry mouth or throat,
Gastric problem,
Stomach pain or tenderness,
Uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body.
Clauder
Paris forums Member

Re: Side effects of sleeping pills Posted 13 October 2011
I agree that sleeping pills have many side effects and we should avoid the use of these pills because these pills are not good for health and body and cause many problems.
Shown
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Side effects of sleeping pills Posted 27 October 2011
Don't take sleeping pills it cause many side effects.Using the sleeping regularly may cause asthma.Beware of sleeping pills.
mria123456
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Side effects of sleeping pills Posted 08 December 2011
No doubt that sleeping pills have many side effects. These pills make our body weak and make us sick. Everyone should avoid sleeping pills. Thanks everyone for sharing about the effects of sleeping pills.
Jasson
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Sleep correct Posted 04 January 2012
Good discussion and i like it. Sleep is important for us so we should sleep at least 8 hours because our body and mind need proper sleep. I also sleep at least 6 to 8 hours in a day.
Jasson
Paris Forums Visitor

Side effects of sleeping pills Posted 28 January 2012
Hi All,
We must avoid sleeping pills as sleeping pills have some side effects.
Sleeping pills can changes in appetite and can result constipation or diarrhea. Sleeping pills can cause dizziness or drowsiness and can make your throat dry. Sleeping pills might result headache or heartburn.
Greshem
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Side effects of sleeping pills Posted 25 February 2012
Perhaps the most shocking condemnation of sleeping pills is that they do not improve daytime function or performance. Since the definition for 'Quality of Sleep' is that amount which allows us to operate at optimum levels of energy, sleeping pills are not the answer.
Fdrix
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Side effects of sleeping pills Posted 15 April 2012
Side effects, Disadvantage & Demerits of Sleeping Pills
1. Lung problems – If a person is patient of Asthma, then sleeping pills may harm and the person may get the problem of slower breath and less deep breath. It may be dangerous for people who have uncontrollable lung problems.
2. Weakness – Patient may feel weakness after consuming sleeping pills. It may create problem in dizziness, drowsiness, shaking of body parts and difficulty to keep balance body.
Colpini
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Health Forum