1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Any Type Of Work In Or New Paris That Includes Accommodation

Any type of work in or new paris that includes accommodation Posted 11 November 2011
I am a trained editor based in Dubai, however I am ready to move to Paris or a surrounding city and I am looking for any type of English speaking work e.g. bar work, hotel work etc. that includes accommodation. I have previously worked in pubs and nightclubs in London and Manchester.

CHRISTINE FASHUGBA

Discovery Gardens, Dubai
00971 559 267 105
ssstini@yahoo.co.uk
I hold a full, clean driving license

COMPETENCIES
 I am able to multi-task, including performing the duties of researching, reporting and news and feature writing to meet tight deadlines
 I have excellent face-to-face business skills for building working relationships
 I am a useful team player with the ability to work with editorial teams.

ACHIEVEMENTS
 Self-sourced front page stories (including articles in Enfield Gazette, Barnet Advertiser and Winchmore Hill Herald)

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

WRITER BAY (an online academic writing agency)
Position: Academic writer (freelance) 6th September- date
 Researching and writing accurate, analytical essays and reports
 Using correct referencing methods and rewriting all outsourced information to ensure the writing does not contain plagiarism

MOJEH (A high end fashion and lifestyle magazine) based in Dubai
Position: Copy editor and proofreader (freelance) 13th – 24th August
 Copy editing the entire September/October issue to ensure it met the publication’s high editorial standards for accuracy and style
 Proofreading and correcting typographical and mechanical errors in copy
 Rewriting copy where appropriate to ensure it is factually accurate, succinct and grammatically correct
 Writing witty, style appropriate headlines

CPI (THE BIG PROJECT AND BUILDGREEN business-to-business magazines) based in Dubai
Position: Assistant editor 3rd April- 9th August 2011
 Sourcing news stories and pitching ideas for features
 Writing news stories and features for the magazine, website and online newsletter
 Using social media, such as Facebook to promote the magazine and generate more traffic for the website.
 Interviewing contributors, including company managers and business executives, while covering press events
 Proofreading and correcting typographical and mechanical errors in copy

NORTH LONDON AND HERTFORDSHIRE PAPERS (London)
Position: Reporter (freelance) 17th September-17th December 2010
 Interviewing contributors to obtain stories’ full facts and gain unique quotes
 Actively sourcing news stories, including exclusives via the internet and from going out ‘on patch’
 Researching and writing online and newspaper stories according to the publication’s editorial style

******Various promotional roles, including Sky digital switch over campaign******

BBC MAGAZINES-Gardeners’ World magazine (London)
Position: Reporter (freelance) 4th – 31st March 2010
 Taking direction from and contributing ideas to the magazine’s senior editor
 Writing succinct copy to meet the renowned publisher’s high standards
 Extensive research on events and themes to suit the magazine’s target readers

CATCH 22 MAGAZINE (London)
Position: Features editor (freelance) 4th January- 3rd March 2010
 Liaising with trainee journalists regarding the revision of their submitted features where appropriate
 Chasing up and assessing the trainees feature idea pitches and completed copy to ensure they both suit the magazine’s unique style
 Liaising with the magazine’s senior editor regarding which features would be published

TRINITY MIRROR-Daily Mirror, 3am team and regional papers (London)
Position: Reporter (freelance) between 3rd Aug and 11th Dec 2009
 Covering press launches and celebrity events, including the renowned, longstanding UK music event, Top of the Pops
 Writing succinct, accurate copy to meet the high standards of the leading UK publisher
 Developing working relationships with PR executives to ensure they keep me up-to-date on the latest story leads
 Using teamwork skills to co-write news pieces and cover events with colleagues
 Ensuring all tight deadlines are met

THE ECONOMIST- Multi-media team (London)
Position: Multi-media producer (intern) 19th Oct- 13th Nov 2009
 Helping with the technical set-up for filming Tea With online videos containing interviews with leading industry executives
 Scriptwriting for podcasts (analytical news forecasting show, The Week Ahead and international cultural and professional advice audio for executives, Doing Business)
 Making editorial decisions regarding podcast audio content to ensure its information remains accurate
 Editing the podcasts to meet the required length for the website

EMAP, WGSN- Think Tank (online research, trend analysis and news service) London
Position: Reporter (freelance) 14th Sept- 9th Oct 2009
 Writing business news stories and analytical reports, including a co-written report on London Fashion Week, which I covered and took photographs for
 Active, firsthand, extensive research, including writing questions and posing them to passersby on busy high streets to determine the latest buying trends

EDUCATION, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS:
 NCTJ Newspaper Journalism Diploma (Sept 2010- Jan 2011)
 18 Week fast-track course at Lambeth College

 University of Bolton (January 2003- September 2006)
 BA Honors Degree- English Literature (Upper 2:1)

INTERESTS:
In my spare time I like to catch up on what's going on by watching the news, reading various newspapers or watching the odd social documentary.
freetraveller
Paris Forums Starter

Return to Professionals looking for jobs in Paris