1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Paris Mayor - Gay

Paris Mayor - gay Posted 08 October 2008
I think all Parisians know that the Paris mayor is gay. But that must be a surprise for the rest of the world. Yes, that's true, the Paris mayor is gay and he was consciously elected by Parisians, who knew he's a gay.
France faces more and more modernizations within its society. We all remember the story of Sarkozy and his new wife.
Do you think it's normal? I mean should a politician be a common guy just like all of us are or he should be a special, serious man, who would spend more time for his country than for his own, personal life?
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 18 October 2008
On one hand, this is very good for France, as a whole, since it gives example to other states on how democratic a country can be, by allowing the Paris mayor being a gay. However I think mayors of other cities don't feel so comfortable to deal with the Paris mayor.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 26 October 2008
He should change the profession. Just think what is the example he gives to growing generations/teenagers. They will start thinking that it's normal and will see no difference between common people and gay people
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 31 October 2008
That's the point. The society already thinks it's normal. I consider a society that take these things as normal to be very democratic, but, at the same time a little bit "sick". This sickness is very easily caught by children, since namely children are those who learn from new things in life. And where from they can take example? From adults of course.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Political Debates