1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

France's Issue With Islam

France's issue with Islam Posted 28 March 2011
Perhaps you may have noted the political turmoil over the question of islam in France.... what's your opinion?

-- 29 March 2011 --

The debate is moving towards a debate over secularism.

The religious lobby is firing back today making some common declaration against this debate.

Anyone?
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: France's issue with Islam Posted 18 May 2011
What is France's issue with Islam? As an American I have been hearing reports that sound rather unbelievable to me, but which some of my countrymen are "up in arms" about. These reports say that Muslim communities in France and other European countries are run like independent states with their own laws. They say that there has been a dramatic increase in violence, hate crimes, and abuse against Jews in France by Muslims. They also say that Muslim communities in France are so dangerous that the Police refuse to go into these areas. Are these reports true, or just propaganda by hatemongers who are trying to start a cultural war or worse?
drchicago
Paris Forums Starter

Re: France's issue with Islam Posted 18 May 2011
OK this was a hot topic back In march where this subject was In The Heart of The french mediatic Space.

In order to be accurate The description You make of The problem is mixing two elements, i need to clarify here.

If You visit France You may find two dinstinguished social groups, obviously linked Because of their ethnical origin, but opposed In their ways:

First one is: The religious guys, not responsible for all that is related to crime And insecurity, they're more The spiritual type detached from The material world And eventually up for some djihad (terrorism)

Second one is: What You may call "gangstas", these are The ones responsible for crime And insecurity, basically they don't care for spirituality And are after material things (cars, girls etc etc)

One important thing i would like to add: France is a civilised
Country with an effective service of law enforcement (really France is safe, You can go And visit here)
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: France's issue with Islam Posted 19 May 2011
Thank you for your reply, Loukas. The distinction you refer to is interesting. Could you comment on the claims being made by some Americans, and the accuracy of such claims, as best as you can tell. Has there been a serious increase in hate crimes against Jews, by Muslims in France? Do Muslims run their communities under their own system of law in France? And are French police afraid to go into Muslim communities for fear of violence? I realize these are very pointed questions. Personally, I don't believe any of this, but I keep hearing these things more and more frequently, and I want to put this to rest any way I can.
drchicago
Paris Forums Starter

Re: France's issue with Islam Posted 16 March 2012
Topic came back up ...

As i see, I voluntarily avoided to mention the mess of terrorism, in fact i was thinking progressively that in the new world order, people have to live with religion around.
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Political Debates