1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Love Is God

Love is God Posted 24 August 2005
Nobody can define Love. It has many faces - love for parents, love for brothers, sisters, love for friends, love for husband/wife, love for children. Love when you are happy, love when you are sad, love when you are angry, calm. Love is an ever flowing spring, and you should let it flow, otherwise you are making mistake, which brings you trouble. Your real self is always pleased with the life, because it is in connection with Love. The old culture doesn't know this and from this ignorance comes all problems in the so called "civilization"
Pidarus

Posted 24 August 2005
Dear Pidarus,

God disagrees with you.

(1 John 4:10): In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

(2 John 1:6): This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

(John 14:15): "If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Raphael
Raphael

Posted 24 August 2005
No, dear. You disagree with me from poor knowledge and find arguments for your way of thinking in the Bible.

I'll tell you the real way to interpret these verses:

1 John 4:10): In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

- Jesus was sent here to show us the way to live here - to be pure, without attachment to anything but the natural Love, that comes as a never ending spring from in every life form. Ignorance is the enemy of The Son of God. Ignorance made Him suffer and tried to kill Him. And it tortures and tries to kill today too, but thanks to Jesus, we, the beings on this planet have a bigger chance to live happily in peace today.

(2 John 1:6): This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

Yes, and his most important commandment is love each other, be like children, because the Lord has given them what has taken from the "wise men"

(John 14:15): "If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Not good translation! "If you love Me, you WILL keep my commandments" The only way to learn (or rather to remember) how to be pure is to love Jesus and His most learned followers. Learned in the Teaching he gave us. Living like Him. Trying to do what He did.
Pidarus

Posted 14 September 2008
Do you really need a definition of love, when you're in love? :wub:
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 15 September 2008
There is a famous quote that says "Love will save the world". I support this quote!
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 15 September 2008
here's a definition for love:
"an intense emotion of affection, warmth, fondness, and regard towards a person or thing"
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
I'm glad we have so many men wondering about such philosophic questions
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 21 October 2008
I think this definition is more topical
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 08 November 2008
Maximus wrote:I think this definition is more topical
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

I agree with your definition... And I'm glad that there's no Atheist in here that will butt that God doesn't love us argument thing! :D
ridler2013
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forum