1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

What Are The Sights Everyone Should Try And See When Visiting Paris?

What are the sights everyone should try and see when visiting Paris? Posted 29 January 2011
What travel destinations in Paris are worth seeing, and which ones aren't so impressive?
Stanglethorn
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What are the sights everyone should try and see when visiting Paris? Posted 29 January 2011
maybe the airport is a good point of call.. mainly to get out of the city!!
Telumehtar-Umbardacil
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What are the sights everyone should try and see when visiting Paris? Posted 29 January 2011
I hated Paris-sorry, very obnoxious people...
Luvah
Paris Forums Starter

Well, there are all those classics, famous, very impressive over rated ones (that other users will mention i'm sure) but when I went this past summer, I had the most fun at down played cafes and bars. That's where the REAL Paris is.

...however I do encourage musuems. One always learns at least one thing and the French really know how to put on a good display. Especially the Lourve.

Amuse-toi!

(haha I just read the other users' comments. Yeah, beware of the airport, especially Charles De Gaulle--it's terrible! but you can escape the ..uh..not-so-fun-French but being in places tourists tend not to hang out at so much as I recommended :)
YoungTrooper
Paris Forums Starter

Art gallery, small towns & resturauts
Gorlim-the-Unhappy
Paris Forums Starter

The Louvre - plan a whole day for this.
The Eiffel Tower
All the great art galleries, try the Musee d'Orsay for the early Modernists and the Centre Pompidou for contemporary art.
Walk down the Champs Elysees.
Versailles.

A very helpful tip: learn a few words of French - bonjour madam/monsieur, s'il vous plait, merci, au revoir, and parlez-vous anglais. Don't assume automatically that they all speak English. A little linguistic effort on your part will go a long way.
Magor
Paris Forums Starter

The Eiffel Tower - Great Views
Sacred Heart - Big White Church thing loads steps up front
- behind that is Monmartra where the cafes are - and street artists - this is a must! - you will want yourself sketched!
Notre Dame - where whats his name was! - and the gargoyles - there 365 steps to the top - of there to see em but its really good.
River trip up Seine is good.
Louvre - paintings you can see Mona Lisa there or could!
The Cafes are expensive - so take lots money!
At night there is a show place - cant think of name right now - but its famous where you can see Can Can - and Tiller Girls - really expensive but worth every penny.
Have a good trip
Folca
Paris Forums Starter

Go to the top of the Arc de Triumph, great views.
Anarion
Paris Forums Starter

I would visit Les Catacombes because it is definitely different. Other than that, I would just walk around and hang out at cafes. That is my way of visiting cities where I am for the first time.

If you want to see all the touristy sites, go to a postcard display. You'll see them all in less then 5 minutes.
HoneyPink
Paris Forums Starter

I love Montmartre and the view from the top of Sacre Couer is wonderful

Also - find some time to sit on the smallest but coolest bridge over the seine - the Pont Des Artes - pedestrian only - take some wine and cheese and just sit there and take in the atmosphere - its wonderful.
SmallGruesomeCadet
Paris Forums Starter

I love all the touristy sites, but I also like just wandering through neighborhoods window shopping, which in French is called window licking (faire du leche-vitrine). I like the street markets, too, especially Rue Montorgueil.
Isildur
Paris Forums Starter

First of all, DO NOT DRIVE.
Buy a cheap map.
Catch the metro to the city centre, start off at Notre Dame, walk along the banks of the river to the Eiffel Tower, then on to the Arc de Triumph, a nice afternoons walk, especially on Sunday when a lot of the roads are pedestrianised.
Whilst walking along the bank you will see most of the museums and sights worth seeing.
Estelmo
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What are the sights everyone should try and see when visiting Paris? Posted 24 February 2011
If I were you, I will go to have a look at the top of the Arc de Triumph. you can enjoy a great view there.
Oscar Peter
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum