1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Warning To All Tourists Taking RER B Train From Paris Airpor

warning to all tourists taking RER B train from Paris airpor Posted 24 October 2009
hello, i found a recent experience here in Paris was so frightening that i am posting it on all websites for tourists to Paris.
I witnessed an italian tourist almost beaten to death on the train by two young robbers from the airport to Paris around 8pm on the 22nd of October 2009. I got involved and was bashed around too by these kids. But unlike the italian tourist, i fought back (i know, i know...could have gotten killed).
I find this incident rather bizarre because i am 47 woman and there were at least 5 men on the train in good enough physical condition to help. But the French are very passive when it comes to things like this. So, for your own safety, never, ever take the RER B from CDG airport to Gard du Nord UNLESS it is the nonstop train. The other one i took makes at least 5 or 6 stops in towns with some serious soical problems. The police told me these younger adults make a fortune stealing cell phones and whatever from tourists. Thanks for posting this. Nani
Nani

Re: warning to all tourists taking RER B train from Paris ai Posted 10 June 2010
Hey nani! first of all.. thank god you were able to survive that.. the city need more citizens like you who have enough heart and courage to help out tourists or fellow citizens as well.. and thank you for sharing this post with all of us.. it's a pretty scary scenario but i believe knowledge will really empower people. who knows just by this post, you have saved a life who was travelling along on the train.. this serves as a reminder to tourists that Paris is just like any other cities, it has it's share of petty crimes but if you are careful and if you are 2 steps ahead of them.. there's no way you can get hurt.. be safe! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Return to Paris Travel Forum