1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Prices For Trains Around Paris

Prices for Trains around Paris Posted 07 July 2010
Hi
I am going to Paris in end of July and I will buy the museum pass, so I~ll be verry busy :wink:
I wold like to know the prices of the trains around Paris, are they expansive? For example from Paris (gare Montparnasse) to Avon, Fontainbleau, or Rambouilet? Someone can give me some information, thank you verry much.
Cheers, Diana
dianavig
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Prices for Trains around Paris Posted 27 July 2010
A single ticket costs €1.50; however, it is generally not advisable to buy tickets by the unit and to rather purchase a carnet of ten tickets, which can be bought for €11.30 at any station, that will bring the price per ticket down to €1.13. The ticket is valid for unlimited metro, RER, bus and tram transfers during one hour.
A 1-day ticket is called Carte Mobilis and the price is 5 euros. There are also 1 to 5 day tourist passes, called Paris Visite, available, starting at €8.35 for one day of unlimited travel within Paris and inner suburbs. 'Carte Orange' is cheaper, even if tourists are not supposed to buy it for some obscure reason you can easily buy one.

Hope that may help you on your trip.
Good Luck.
Buddy
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Prices for Trains around Paris Posted 09 August 2010
buy a pack of ten for 11 euros.
the Métro is quite cheap (and reasonnably fast).

tourist day passes are usually useless unless you don't feel like walking at all.
possopo
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Prices for Trains around Paris Posted 07 April 2011
Within Paris city limits it's best to by a ten pack like the poster above said. It'll cost you 12 euros.
janie
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum