1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Paris Travel Reviews Wanted.

Paris Travel reviews wanted. Posted 24 August 2005
Did you know that you are wellcome to write reviews about your recent travel to Paris. You can write about hotels and sightseeing.
Let people know if something is really good or really bad.
If you have nice photos PM the Admin and he will help you post them.
The most active members will become moderators and will get more benefits from Paris Forums.
Admin
Site Admin

Posted 28 October 2008
Here is an article I wrote about Paris

Travel to Paris

Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and the most romantic one in the world. People used to called it "city of the lovers", because it is full of charming, romantic corners. In addition, it is one of the most visited cities in the world: every year about 30 million tourists travel to Paris. It is famous for it cultural and artistic value and it is considered an icon of the free and avant-garde thoughts and current trends. Taste it delicious cuisine, discover the incredible fashion French world or visit the best museums! Paris is an amazing city! You need at least one week to discover the entire city. There are too many beautiful places to visit: the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre Museum, the Pompidou Centre, the Champs Elysées and much more!

The Champs Elysees is the largest street in Paris and one of the most famous avenues in the world. This street begins in the Concorde Square and finishes at the Arc de Triomphe. You’ll find there a mix of big shopping malls, shops, offices, public buildings and gardens. It is also the scene of numerous popular events such as the last stage of the Tour de France or the military 14th July parade.

Montmartre is a must too. It was a trendy neighbourhood in the nineteenth century, full of artists. It is the most Bohemian quarter in Paris and it has the best views of the city because it is located on a hill dominated by the Sacre-Coeur Basilica. One of Montmartre’s attractions are the street artists who sell their paintings in the Tertre square. Montmartre is full of restaurants, hotels, cafes and cabarets, such as the famous Moulin Rouge cabaret.
The Latin Quarter owes it name to the students of the Sorbonne in the Middle Ages who used to speak in the Latin language. It is a very touristic neighbourhood. It is located on the banks of the Seine River. It is one of the liveliest quarters in the Paris nights. It is full of pubs and ethnic restaurants. This is one of the few neighbourhoods where you can eat cheaply in Paris. The Saint-Michel square is a must. It is full of charming cafés and book stores. You have to stroll along the Seine’s shore to enjoy of the beautiful views and then visit the Notre-Dame Basilica.
The Eiffel Tower is the most representative symbol in Paris. It was built for the International Exhibition of Paris of 1889. Of course, you have to visit it and climb to the top floor to enjoy of the best views in Paris.
The Louvre Museum is the most visited art museum in the world. Its collection brings together pieces from all times and cultures. It is almost impossible to visit it in just one day due to its huge dimensions.
These are just some of the beautiful things you can visit in Paris. Don’t miss it!
barcelonaar
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 28 October 2008
Thanks for sharing your experience, barca. By the way, have you visited Notre Dame Cathedral? Is it worth being visited? I don't really like typical museums, can I see there something that might impress me?
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 03 November 2008
You are wellcome! YEAH. I was have visited it. I'll write something for you! :)
barcelonaar
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 03 November 2008
Just for those who want to know more about the Cathedral
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre_Dame_de_Paris
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 04 November 2008
Here are my impressions about the cathedral... :)

Notre Dame Cathedral
The Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, "Our Lady of Paris", known as Notre Dame, is a beautiful cathedral on the Île de la Cité in Paris. It was built during the 13th century, when Saint Louis VII (the king of France) was ruling the most powerful and faithful kingdom of Europe. Begun in 1163 and mostly completed by 1250, Notre Dame is an important example of French Gothic architecture, sculpture and stained glass.
The Notre Dame Cathedral is the most famous church in Paris and probably it is one of the most magnificent monuments in the world. But the famous cathedral is also an active Catholic church, a place of pilgrimage, and the focal point for Catholicism in France - religious events of national significance still take place here. It is also the most representative style of Gothic building worldwide. Victor Hugo's famous novel featuring the moving characterization of the hunchback, Quasimodo, has served the notoriety of the cathedral well.
Notre-Dame Cathedral suffered deterioration through the centuries, and after the French Revolution it was rescued from possible destruction by Napoleon, who crowned himself emperor of the French in the cathedral in 1804
There are many special characteristics that will help us to identify this monument as Gothic: ogee archways, ribbed vaults, and the wondrous flying buttresses or beautiful Rose windows.
Its privileged situation, close to the Seine River (surrounded by beautiful gardens), make this cathedral an unforgettable experience. Notre Dame can be photographed from all the bridges that cross the river. All its walls are really beautiful: from the west front, which is one of its most notable features with its two 69-metre tall towers or the three west gothic portals to the stained glass windows or the three exceptionally beautiful Rose windows.
The interior is certainly as impressive as the exterior, especially the central corridor and the altar. The West Front of the church is one the most beautiful sights, which has the tallest tower that houses the cathedral's famous bell, "Emmanuel. The west rose window is really beautiful. Dating from about 1220, it retains most of its original glass and tracery. The three west portals are perfect examples of early Gothic art. They show scenes from the Last Judgment, the Virgin Mary and from the life of St. Anne. The south and the north transept portals are extraordinarily beautiful, too.

After the Eiffel Towel, the Notre Dame Cathedral is the second most visited monument in Paris. Don’t miss it.

Address: Place du Parvis de Notre Dame, 4th arrondissement
Metro: Cité or Saint-Michel (Line 4)
RER: Saint-Michel (Line C)
Bus: Lines 21, 38, 47, or 85

:lol:
barcelonaar
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 04 November 2008
Hey barca, this sounds more like a guide descrpition of the Notre Dame, and not personal impression ;)
Still, it's great.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 05 November 2008
Thank you Max :)
barcelonaar
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 08 November 2008
Some pictures in order to understand how beautiful Notre Dame is:

Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 11 November 2008
Thanks for the pictures!
barcelonaar
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 10 June 2009
I could also recommend some hotels in Paris, I've traveled there a lot, and sometimes do reviews for hotel magazines. My newest hotel stay in Paris was at the Grand Hotel Doré, in the 12th area of Paris. The area is very animated, with the Place de la Bastille, the Marais area and the Bercy Arena, probably the most famous concert and show venue in Paris.

I LOVE PARIS! :D
Mick
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 13 August 2009
let's introduce you a new way to visit Paris...check the feed back and will understand! http://www.parisauthentic.com/english/g ... -d-or.html
www.parisauthentic.com

does someone knows how to visit the Paris roof?

thank you

karl
the best parisian insider driver!
Karl
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Paris Travel reviews wanted. Posted 01 February 2012
Notre Dame is totally worth it! If you can, go up and check out the gargouilles!
Lalia
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Paris Travel reviews wanted. Posted 28 March 2012
I like the pictures. Seine River cruise is a great way to see some of the beautiful spots of the city
zahoorh
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum