1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

First Time Tourist To Paris, And France

First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 15 June 2009
Hi ladies and gentlemen. I am visiting Paris this summer for the first time.
I have some pretty insignificant questions about some restaurants, shopping centers, and so on. I have found alot on google and yahoo, but I thought I would get a suggestion from actual people who live in France or have been there.

what shopping center in Paris is AFFORDABLE. Not gucci, not shoes that cost 15,000 euros or any crap like that, just normal french stores, clothing, shoes, electronics, whatever... souvenirs. Preferably in one mall or one area.

Are there military surplus stores in downtown paris? Or military souvenir shop? Name and where?

Is there a good military museum? What where?

Is there a specifically french fast food restaurant to visit?

Are there restaurants in Paris, that dont cost $40-60 dollars per meal, per person? Suggestions?? Maybe $10-20 a person? Or am I going to eat spam and bread all the time?

Any cool electronics store? Name?

Anything cool you would suggest in terms of interesting stores? Like something I wouldn't find in America.

Whats the cheapest grocery store chain?
Zubastij
Paris Forums Starter

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 02 June 2010
Hey Zubastij! Now that's a LOT of questions to be answered. I don't have answers to all of your questions, but let me share with you a site i came across, it has a lot of general information about Paris. From tourists spot down to the local government. I'm sure you will be able to find some information there that will answer most if not all of your questions. Her's the site: http://ellaparis.com/ Hope that helps! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 02 December 2010
For the military museum, go to the Invalides!
Paris on Demand
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 02 January 2011
that is helpful,. just thought that paris will be expensive place to visit.. thanks
atazhee26
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 13 January 2011
I would love to visit Paris.
willsonandreson
Paris Forums Starter

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 21 January 2011
Paris is great but do a bit of research before you travel and cost out what you can spend. I would book tickets in advance if you want to see shows as they can sell out. Tickets can be purchased from website called 365tickets which is english based ticket agent.
lagadoo
Paris Forums Starter

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 23 December 2011
Yeah, Paris and France are one of the best destinations to visit in the United Kingdom. There are many stunning places in France and Paris. Everything is fine,but how would you like to travel? by train or bus or any ferry travel?
renald
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 28 December 2011
Did this tour this morning with Rick. He was a fantastic guide and teach Ed. His instructions for the Segway were very clear and as a result I felt very safe whilst using it. It was great fun to ride, although would recommend rugging u p as much as possible as the breeze was very cool. Rick gave a great commentary on the sights we stopped at and also some good tips on things to do and places to eat at whilst in Paris. Overall the company was very friendly and knowledgable and a fantastic first experience in Paris. We highly suggest " privatetoursinistanbul "
pirharun
Paris Forums Starter

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 29 December 2011
well.. i have visited the site privatetoursinistanbul, seems very good and i think the services provided by them are outstanding, most of the travellers who travel Paris, France, they choose boat or ferry travel which would be more exiting. I too like seaway travelling.
renald
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: First time tourist to Paris, and France Posted 05 January 2012
travel guidence for first time traveling in paris:
Paris, the cosmopolitan capital of France, is - with 2.2 million people living in the dense (105 km²) central city and almost 12 million people living in the whole metropolitan area - one of the largest agglomerations in Europe. Located in the north of the country on the river Seine, Paris has the reputation of being the most beautiful and romantic of all cities, brimming with historic associations and remaining vastly influential in the realms of culture, art, fashion, food and design. Dubbed the City of Light (la Ville Lumière) and Capital of Fashion, it is home to the world's finest and most luxurious fashion designers and cosmetics, such as Chanel, Christian Dior, Yves Saint-Laurent, Guerlain, Lancôme, L'Oréal, Clarins, etc. A large part of the city, including the River Seine, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city has the second highest number of Michelin-restaurants in the world (after Tokyo) and contains numerous iconic landmarks, such as the world's most visited tourist site the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, Moulin Rouge, Lido etc, making it the most popular tourist destination in the world with 45 million tourists annually.

jonssmith2
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum