1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Cox And Kings Quote 1345 Pounds For A Venice Rome And Paris Trip Too Much?

cox and kings quote 1345 pounds for a venice rome and paris trip too much? Posted 28 January 2011
hi i am planning a trip to venice (2 nites) rome (2 nites) and paris (3nites) in jan end and cox and kings have quoted a price of 1345 pounds for 4 star accom and travel for 2 adults and 2yr old. is tht too much? any tips on wht r must c things?
FlapperFlapper
Paris Forums Starter

Re: cox and kings quote 1345 pounds for a venice rome and paris trip too much? Posted 28 January 2011
You could probably make your own arrangements and save quite a bit. But if you want the convenience of a travel professional making the arrangements for you, of course you must pay a professional's rate. Are four-star accommodations that important? Must travelers only use the hotel for sleeping and taking a shower. You can do the same in nice, clean, less-expensive accommodations and save quite a bit. In fact, I would sooner stay in a friendly little intimate mom-and-pop B&B or pensione where I can interact with my hosts on a more congenial level than a fancy big ol' hotel where I'm just "the guy in room 612." When traveling the destination should be the experience, not the trappings of a hotel.

I tend to avoid busy Venice and Rome (but I LOVE Bologna, which is off the tourist radar), but in Paris, do spend time walking through lovely old Pere Lachaise Cemetery and seeing the graves of the rich and famous. The €2 guide map sold at the entrances is a good investment! We also greatly enjoyed just strolling around without an agenda. Paris is great for that.

Have a great trip!
Tar-Minastir
Paris Forums Starter

Return to Paris Travel Forum