1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Best Way To Have Day-trip From Paris To The French Alps?

Best way to have day-trip from Paris to the French Alps? Posted 28 January 2011
We are planning an upcoming trip to France. While we'll be spending most of our time in Paris, we are hoping to take one or two day-trips to other parts of France. One of the areas we would like to see are the Alps. How long does it take to get to the Alps by train? Would we have time to travel there, enjoy the scenery for an afternoon or so, and get back all in the same day? What city should we visit?
Galadriel
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Best way to have day-trip from Paris to the French Alps? Posted 28 January 2011
Rent a car and Take A6 highway, Lyon direction. Stop at "Beaunes", visit the "hospices de Beaune", and eat excellent food, you're on the country of Burgundy wine. Follow the Geneve direction, via Macon. Chamonix Mont-Blanc will be at 7 hours from Paris if you don't stop at Beaunes. Visit Annecy, our French "Venise". And be careful on the roads, 130km/hour on the highway (110 if it's raining), 90 on the main roads.
If you take the train, take the TGV at the Gare de Lyon Station, which directly goes to Annecy, in the Alps. 3h30 from Paris. Or you can take the Paris/Geneva TGV. Same time.
I know all this because I'm french, I live in the Alps (close to Chamonix), and I go every month to Paris.
Have a good stay, hope you'll enjoy the French Alps (my country!)
Eradan
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Best way to have day-trip from Paris to the French Alps? Posted 28 January 2011
I don't think a day-trip would be possible. The Vosges mountains are closer than the Alps. Easier trips out of Paris might be to the beaches of Normandy, Versailles, a castle, or somewhere else that wouldn't be more travel than visit.
Scarabas
Paris Forums Starter

Return to Paris Travel Forum