1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Any Advice On Travelling From Amsterdam To Paris?

Any advice on travelling from Amsterdam to Paris? Posted 28 January 2011
My fiancee and I will be going on our honeymoon in July and are travelling through Amsterdam, Paris, London & Dublin. We've arranged cheap methods of travel for everything except for the Amsterdam to Paris leg of the trip. The only VERY important thing in finding transportation is having it be affordable. I know that most places say the train is the way to go, but this is proving incredibly expensive. We only need point to point travel and the eurrail site is saying it will be $353 per person for just Amsterdam to Paris. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I don't mind spending a reasonable amount of money, it's just $656 total seems like a lot to me.
Targus
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Any advice on travelling from Amsterdam to Paris? Posted 28 January 2011
Have you considered renting a car? I've made the drive several times, and there's lots to see. You should be able to drop off the car in a different city (I did).
GoldDesireViper
Paris Forums Starter

don't buy your eurorail tickets in the u.s. unless you are buying a multi-day pass. just go to the main train station in paris and buy a one-way ticket. i've made that trip several times and it was less than $100 per person. it's a great trip by day...lot's to look at...they also have a 'midnite' train if you wanna sleep.
StormySweety
Paris Forums Starter

It is your honeymoon, but if you dont mind spending a little more time traveling you can save money by taking a bus. Eurolines offers the trip for 35 euros a person (about 50 dollars american). The drawback is that it takes 8 hours. You can get the tickets online or at the office in Amsterdam which is on the metro line. Have an awesome time :)
Estelmo
Paris Forums Starter

1) Take a 5 or 7 day eurail pass. It will help you for internal travel also
2) Make sure, your visa is marked or approved. Rarely you are checked on entering a country (example France) but while going back, the checking is strict
3) While using overnight trains, you will need separate reservation. for overnight travel, do not board a train without prior reservation.

4) ENJOY YOUR HONEYMOON
Tarcil
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum