1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Height...

Height... Posted 01 February 2007
What height do girls want their guys to be in relation to them? As in something like how much taller... This topic came up cos me and some of my friends are tall by Asian standards, and it seems that our height scares many girls away. (Yes we are Asians)
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 01 February 2007
ummm I'm 6 foot 1, and my girlfriend is 5 foot 6, she dosen't seem to mind at all, in fact she prefers the guy to be taller... says she'd never date a short guy. But I don't know he he he... i guess if i were 6'4 and she were 5'2... that would be scary lol. So yeah you'll have to wait for one of these lovely females to answer that question... how tall is too tall???
sekopunt_pr
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 02 February 2007
tall = GOOD

a girl like to feel protected, and tallness gives off that vibe.

I like dating a guy that I have to look upwards at to look in his eyes. And who I can wear heals around and not all of a sudden be taller than him!

But I can only speak for myself. Every girl has different physical standards

And in the end, for most of us, our physical standards don't really have any say in the person we end up falling for.
prozac7674
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 05 February 2007
Hey... I'm about 6 foot 1 too (slightly taller than that actually hahaha). Tall=good? I sure hope so. The girl I like fell for someone else and some of her friends are telling me that it's because the other guy is firstly more athletic and secondly closer in height to her. Though those are not the only reasons apparently. I don't know. And it's pretty hard to find tall girls in Asia. It still seems as if height scares a good number of girls away rather than make them feel protected.
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 06 February 2007
i guess its just a difference in cultures, i dunno

but it shouldn't be that large of a factor anyways
prozac7674
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 07 February 2007
i personally like a tall guy, for the same reasons as swimmingNreverie said, i like to feel protected. I think most guys find a short girl cute aswell =)
Vertihvostka
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 08 February 2007
DITTO to what Swimm said! Ditto ditto ditto...couldnt have said it better myself!
Nicole Smith
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 09 February 2007
Well yeah, like everyone else said. it's always nicee when the guy is taller. I'm 5'7 and Mike is 6'2 and I think it's the best combo. I can wear heels but still remain shorter, or wear flats and still be tall enough.
Bill Mortensen
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 12 February 2007
I'm about 6ft and my g/f is baout 5ft or so. It sort of sucks sometimes because I

can't really put my hand around her waist/hips.

The closest I come to is near the breast/chest level (at the back).
Zuban
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 13 February 2007
well considering that i'm asian, i'm 5 7.. usually i like my girls around 5 2ish or the general area, however it is different for everyone. raverboy
Val Phoenix
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 14 February 2007
Yeah Danog, agree with you there. Sometimes if the height difference is too great it causes some problems. Anyone have this problem too or any ways to get around this problem?
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 15 February 2007
I like putting my hand around her waist/back when we are walking. Holding hands is

good but not on a hot summers day (where sweat builds up pretty fast).

And putting my hand around her shoulder is just not right. I mean, it just shows less

attraction to the person you are with. Know what I mean?
Zuban
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 February 2007
Yes I know what you mean. And where I come from it's hot ALL THE TIME! (phew!)
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 February 2007
same thing with me danog! my gf, though i love her dearly, she is about a foot shorter than me, and when walking i try to pu my arm around her waist, and i normally can only reach as far as middle back! (below her breasts) though not much problem, it does create some differences
ParisFashion
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 19 February 2007
I'm an Asian myself.(Chinese) 6 ft tall. I can tell you what kind of height asian girls like the most. Neither lower than 5' 9" nor taller than 6' 1" (175 cm~185 cm) is the perfect height for asian girls. For example, most Chinese girls are about 5'~5' 5" (150 cm~165cm) and leaner than Western girls, if you were more than 6' 2" and had a athletic physique, in their eyes you look more like a tree than an attractive man. Back in college there was a time I chanced upon two of my classmates who were also in a relationship. The guy was 6' 1" and the gal 5' 2". They were riding a scooter past me and the girl hugged the guy from back. The picture to me looked like.... a koala bear climbing on a tree.....
Lion
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 20 February 2007
Yes I agree. Which is why I say that girls seem intimidated by guys who are much taller than them. I think that 6' 1" is an over-estimate too. Seems that girls like guys who are around 170cm to 180cm here in my country. I don't know...

And hey I'm Chinese too! Haha...
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 21 February 2007
Hi all, was searching on Google for "tall guy" + "short girl" and came upon this forum by chance..you see, i'm feeling vexed right now after having gone out with a girl earlier today..she's 5.1ft and i'm 6ft, it's our first date (well, sort of an official 1-1 first date)..i find myself looking down at her when we were walking side by side and it especially gave a bad/awry feeling when i see her looking at me at an upwards angle..still can't shake off the vexed feeling until now..i wonder if some of you can share with me if you did experience something that i just described? i really have no idea what to do next, call her out again or leave it at that
Nikollas
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 22 February 2007
Hmm... that's about a 27 cm difference. Oh well... that's about the height difference between me and my crush. Apparently she was intimidated by my height or something and went for someone else :( But since this girl is not intimidated by your height then I don't see why you shouldn't go for it? I don't think height difference should be a factor in a relationship if the two of you are comfortable with it. But if YOU are really uncomfortable then you can just give up this relationship. If you love someone you should not be thinking like "oh no, if only she were a bit taller".
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 23 February 2007
I love tall guys - I am 5'6" and have very rarely dated anyone under 6'0 tall. I dated a pilot who stood at 6'7" in the cowboy boots he always wore, but was 6'5" without them. My girl friends have accused me of being willing to overlook other things in favor of height!

I'm with Swimming on my reasons - tall guys make you feel safe and protected.
vehtopunt_rx
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 26 February 2007
GB, kind of wished i was shorter rather than she's taller..hehe..

if you dun mind me asking you js, i'm curious if you felt weird looking upwards at your guy (no doubt they provide you with a sense of security)? hmmm..i'll probably give her a call in a couple of days time to ask her that..hehe
Nikollas
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 12 March 2007
I am 6'2" or 6'3" - i dont really know anymore...

My ex, Robin was 5'7" - she was the tallest woman I've ever been with, and it was a bit too tall for my likings.

My other ex, Destine was 4'11" - she was as short as they come. I dont know why but I love short chicks. But anything under 5', i've learned can be disceiving.

The woman I like today is about 5'3" - the perfect height I've always liked. She isn't so short that I have to bend my back to kiss. And when we hug she doesnt lay her head on my shoulders. She lays her head on my chest - where I like it. It gives me a sence of power, in a weird way. Almost like I am her protector (like swim said). When she wraps her arms around me and rests her head on my chest, I wrap my arms around her and I just feel so big and mighty. Its a wonderful feeling.
Marcus Indigo
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 13 March 2007
I'm an Asian myself.(Chinese) 6 ft tall. I can tell you what kind of height asian girls like the most. Neither lower than 5' 9" nor taller than 6' 1" (175 cm~185 cm) is the perfect height for asian girls. For example, most Chinese girls are about 5'~5' 5" (150 cm~165cm) and leaner than Western girls, if you were more than 6' 2" and had a athletic physique, in their eyes you look more like a tree than an attractive man. Back in college there was a time I chanced upon two of my classmates who were also in a relationship. The guy was 6' 1" and the gal 5' 2". They were riding a scooter past me and the girl hugged the guy from back. The picture to me looked like.... a koala bear climbing on a tree.....

haha, good cause im 5'10 rofl.
Shirley Cheadle
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 14 March 2007
I like short girls too. And Zeig, I read you there. Though 180 is already quite ok. For me, I'm at 186. And in Singapore it's quite hard to find anyone above 180 to tell the truth. I do believe I'm the tallest guy (and person for that matter) in the whole junior college (which I believe Americans call high school).
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 March 2007
I like girls to be smaller than me. My colleagues reckon i go for petite pretty blondes. They may be right

I would prefer a girl to be small or similar height and build rather than taller and bigger build
Frodo
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 19 March 2007
I always thought that I prefered taller guys... around 6' or so. But my current boyfriend is only 5'4" and it doesn't bother me at all! *shrug*
Bandit
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 20 March 2007
I definitely prefer a guy I can look up to - as mentioned above, it gives a sense of security. But, it doesn't make *that* much difference either way - guy i'm seeing now is only an inch or two taller than me and i'm 5'7
Hertikol882
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 21 March 2007
5' 7"... it's so hard to find girls of that height here in Singapore... sigh
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 22 March 2007
i'm geographically ignorant.....are they mostly taller or shorter?
Hertikol882
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 23 March 2007
Shorter... Singapore is a South-East Asian country. And it's very small haha so it won't be very easy to find it on the world map if you have no idea where to look. The fact that they are shorter is the problem ain't it? I'm just over 6' 1" which is probably not too tall in a Western country, but in Singapore I'm already the tallest in my high school! ARGH!!! It seems that my height sorta scares girls off... I don't know.
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 26 March 2007
(A male guy person of the masculine sex offers an opinion.)

I'm about 6'2"; my wife around 5'9" or 5'10 - I rather like having her face up near mine, and our waists where our arms "naturally" fit around them. I often feel uncomfortably "dominating" when I'm around significantly shorter people (especially women), and tend to minimize that by sitting down or slouching a bit.

And I've often envied the really short guys, who appeared to be well-positioned to have a LOT of enjoyment when it came to slow-dancing with tall girls . . .
flower_curator
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 27 March 2007
Yes, I agree with you daletom. I wouldn't like my partner to be much shorter than me :(
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 28 March 2007
I'm 6'0" and it really depends on the build of the girl for me.
Tom
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 29 March 2007
I like this girl that is 5'7", I'm a 6' guy, you think that'll work ok? I was wondering myself, gonna be meeting her friday.
Selesta
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 30 March 2007
I don't see why not, it's only a 5" difference. For me, my crush was about 5' 3"!!! And I'm more than 10 inches taller than her!!!
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 02 April 2007
no, i was wondering if she would be too tall for me. The last gf i had was like 5'2 or 5'1
Selesta
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 03 April 2007
To me that's a big enough difference (5"). It's not as if she's going to wear 5" heels and become taller than you right? Anyway, with you two closer in height, it'd be easier to put your hand around her waist, kiss etc.
Anjuta1973
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Romance Forum