1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Where To Buy DVDs In English

where to buy DVDs in english Posted 05 November 2006
Hello everyone,

my problem is the following : I'm looking for some DVDs to buy (for a gift) and I would like some DVDs with English subtitles. (most of the DVDs I have in mind are not English-speaking movies, some of them are French movies)
I have looked on Amazon several times, but most of the time the information about subtitles is curiously not given.
Does anyone know a shop in Paris where I would be sure to find English-speaking or subtitled (mostly subtitled) DVDs??
Thanks a lot.

PS : actually I'm French, and I want to make a gift for some non French-speaking friends. It turns out to be more difficult than I had thought at the beginning!
cath
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 03 February 2007
Hi Cath! Do you need a specific movie that is difficult to find in English?
Or is it just any movie?

try Amazon.co.uk they should have most of the movies in English with English subtitles. DVDs should have several languages as a rule.
Admin
Site Admin

Posted 03 September 2008
ebay.co.uk is a place where you can find anything you want.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 03 September 2008
telebid.com is a good way to make shopping, but its system is a bit complicated, although you might get stuff at a big discount
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 05 September 2008
any bittorrent webpage will offer you free DVD movies, so don't worry about purchasing them.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 08 September 2008
You must not support pirated DVD’s. Respect the actors and the director's team and purchase one on-line, because in regular shops they are expensive.
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 12 September 2008
mixi wrote:You must not support pirated DVD’s. Respect the actors and the director's team and purchase one on-line, because in regular shops they are expensive.

do you personally always buy licensed DVDs? I doubt!
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 13 September 2008
Mixi is right. We should protect the authors any time possible.
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris General Chat