1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Three-day Trip To Paris

Three-day trip to Paris Posted 25 October 2005
I have been to Paris twice (2001 and 2002) and will take my parents for the first time in two weeks. They have never been to Europe and I guess I want to impart a bit of my life for Paris and the French to them. Problem is, we only have 3 days!
Here's what I have planned so far:
Day 1 - Flight arrives at 9:40 am; our hotel is the Lyon-Mulhouse, near the Bastille. I figure we will probably be ready to explore the city by around 11ish. If we are hungry then we could grab a falafel sandwich at L'As du Falafel and then make our way to the Quartier latin, crossing through Ile St Louis & Ile de la Cite. Afternoon at the quartier latin, maybe some relaxing time at Luxembourg Gardens. I figure we could stop for a coffee/pastry somewhere along rue Mouffetard. Any suggestions? or perhaps a place near the Luxembourg? At the end of the day - take metro back to the hotel and go for dinner at Leon de Bruxelles (there's one on the same street as the hotel) and go to bed early.
Day 2 - Metro to Republique - walk along Canal St Martin in the morning and Viaduc des Arts (promenade plantee) in the afternoon. Not sure where to eat. Boat trip along the seine at night.
Day 3 - Morning: Sacre Coeur and environs; perhaps lunch at Gallerie Lafayette or somewhere near Lafayette. Subway to Champs Elysees and stroll down.
Another idea is to replace Day 2 with Musee D'Orsay/ Rodin and further exploring of our own neighbourhood (the Marais)
Any suggestions?
Andea

Return to Paris General Chat