1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Side Trip To Loire Valley And Dordogne

side trip to Loire Valley and Dordogne Posted 25 October 2005
'm back! Yes, my husband and I are planning our third trip to France for 2006. I had the perfect vacation the last trip because of everyone on Trip Adivsor, so I begin my planning by involving all of you.
My initial idea is to spend our first 5 nights in Paris. Can't wait.
We had such a good time driving last time we will do so again. This time we are discussing seeing the Castles in Loire Valley and then not sure where to go from there. Hubby really wants to go to Dordogne area.
Here are my questions: If we plan on three nights along the river in the Loire valley, each night in a different chauteau, will we have plenty of time to sightsee the castles open to the public and anything else you suggest we do?
Next, if we drive down to Dordogne how long will this take? How much time do you feel we need there? We want to eat truffles and learn more about them, see the caves at Lascaux ( guess we can only see replicas) and do gourmet eating.
We are just beginning to start our planning, but it looks like we could drop in on Beaune or Troyes on the way back to the airport in Paris. Gosh we have such fond memories of those villages.
This would be a very full 12 days of travel. But we like it like that.
We would appreciate all your ideas on things not to miss in any of these areas. Tell me everything. And thank you in advance.
maiea

Return to Paris General Chat