1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

November Trip - Suggested Itinerary

November trip - suggested itinerary Posted 25 October 2005
Hi,

I'm new to the board, but have been reading posts all morning! I was hoping some of you might suggest potential itineraries for a trip I'm planning for November. We've been to Europe several times before. I spent a long weekend in Paris about 10 years ago when I was studying abroad, but it wasn't nearly enough time. My husband hasn't been anywhere in France.

My husband and I like good food and wine, so I'm hoping to tour the Loire Valley and Bordeaux. We also enjoy culture and city life, so we plan to spend at least 4 days in Paris. He likes "active" activities, too, so I'm especially interested in hikes or other outdoor activities that we might do in November in one of these regions. He'll be a little cranky if all we do is eat pastries and cheese and drink wine for 2 weeks straight (though I'd be in heaven!). Trying to balance the trip so we both have a great time.

We are looking at spending 8-12 days, depending on what we decide to do and see. We enjoy train travel, so I expect we'd take the TGV from Paris to Tours and on to Bordeaux and rent cars in those cities to do our sightseeing.

I can supply my email address if anyone has itineraries or other information they would like to send. Thanks for your help!
anetea

Posted 25 October 2005
Please see my post to LONE TOURIST, INFO APPRECIATED
today.
Best wishes
andyo

Return to Paris General Chat