1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Michelin Dressing For Women

Michelin dressing for women Posted 25 October 2005
An off to Paris on Tuesday for a whirlwind four day (kids at home) anniversary trip. Yes, approx 36 hours travel time on top...
We will have dinner at Maison Blanche, Apicius and one other Michelin starred place.
While the "lounge suit" dress code for men is unambiguous, it equates to a wide range for women - from pants and blouse right up to cocktail dress.
Its hard enough for mere mortal women to cope in Paris anyway (unless they are just naturally tall, thin and elegant - which is not me) without dressing for a swanky and possibly snooty place.
Dress-wise, I find it quite intimidating. What should I pack/buy.
Please don't say "a nice dress and a jacket".
A cocktail dress and evening jacket? A shirtdress and blazer? A business type suit? Are tailored black pants acceptable?
Please help me avoid feeling like a frumpy over/underdressed nerd!
It must be so easy to be a man....
antoho

Posted 25 October 2005
The third place we are having dinner is L'Ambroisie - apparantly we were only able to get a reservation through a well connected associate of my husband..
This place sounds even more intimidating than the first two!
What to wear?
Help!
miko

Posted 26 October 2005
By the way, may be this question is better suited for fashion forum?
VaBank
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 07 September 2008
Don't feel ashamed and buy a cocktail dress, everybody will like you, even if your shape is not fitting best this dress.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 08 September 2008
A shirtdress will do the thing, just be sure it is more like a classic type and you won't be wrong. Classics are never old or inappropriate for a restaurant.
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 12 September 2008
I agree with you mixi, however it depends on her age. If she is young, it wouldn't be quite reasonable for her to dress up in classical manner.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 13 September 2008
dressing up in jeans is not the way to go either.
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris General Chat