1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Cheap Drinks / Set Menus In Montmarte Area Advice Please

Cheap drinks / set menus in Montmarte area advice please Posted 25 August 2005
Any advice on (reasonable) places to go for cheap beer / wine? We are a family of 3 - two parents and an art student son. Staying just north of Sacre Coeur (Hotel Eden ,metro Jules Joffrin), and do not know this exact area, but I DO know the Blanche / Abbesses area quite well.
How exactly does the stand-at-bar / sit inside / sit outside sliding scale of drink charges work? I never got the hang of it.
And do prices usually go up after,say, 2200hrs?
(I know I can buy cheap food and drinks in the local shops, but it's nice to get out in the evening from time to time.)
Any recommendations for food, too? I highly recommend Le Durer, Rue Yvonne LeTac - 3 courses about 15 Euros and reasonable carafe wine too. Any alternatives?
(I've also read the postings about cheap eats from quiche / sandwich stalls etc, but am after sit-down ideas. I also know about McDonalds near Moulin Rouge.)
Zerus

Posted 25 August 2005
Try Chez Eugene off the little square up at MonteMarte, turn left at Sacre Coeur and continue up the hill, you will find a charming little square surrounded by cafe's - very reasonable prices and very french!
Dracula

Posted 29 September 2005
Are you sure you want to loose your time in Montmartre; I really dislike this neibourhood much prefer Quartier Latin actually all other arrondissements than this one.
Monique9382
Paris Forums Starter

Return to Paris General Chat