1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

12th Arrondisement

12th Arrondisement Posted 25 August 2005
My husband and I will be staying in the 12th Arrondisement. Does anyone have info about what it is like? Is it dangerous?
Tsara

Posted 25 August 2005
The 12th arrondissement has a 'mix' of neighborhoods but most will be perfectly 'safe' most times of night or day. Odds are that your hotel will either be located in the immediate vicinity of Place de la Bastille/Paris Opera (the building is an architectural 'horror' but the accoustics are extraordinaary) or Gare de Lyon. In either case, you should be just fine. Three Metro lignes connect at the BASTILLE station, providing you with relatively convenient access to most of the sights and attractions of Paris. The neighborhoods of the 3rd & 4th arrondissements--the Marais---are only a few blocks to the west and are interesting to stroll around in--Place des Vosges, Musee Carnavalet, Musee Picasso, Musee Cognacq-Jay,etc. The Marais neighborhoods are also great for shopping on Sundays, when much of the rest of the stores and shops in Paris are closed. The area of rue des Francs Bourgeois (and the side streets) to the Centre Pomdidou have lots of interesting little shops to poke around in.
Tomcik

Posted 07 September 2008
Arrondisment 12th is one of the biggest districts in Paris (16.324 sq. km). There are some dangerous street to walk at in the evening. Otherwise it's safe
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 09 September 2008
I like the Place de la Bastille, it is so massive and in an austrian style.
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 12 September 2008
as far as I know Bastille is a prison, isn't it?
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 13 September 2008
I don't know, maybe it is somehow related to a building in the region. But I meant the Place de la Bastille - which is a town square with a very tall statue in its center.
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris General Chat