1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Work And Life In Paris

Work and life in Paris Posted 30 January 2009
Hello everyone,

My name is Bruno, i'm a young englishman that has been living in La Rochelle, France, for the last two years. I'm currently doing a BTS en alternance, that is to say a 2 year long internship with an International Business School, working in their International Department.

My fiancé is absolutely set on the idea of moving to paris next July to continue her degree, therefore I've got no choice but to go with her...

However, I have no degree, and no way in which to support myself were i to take a year or two to do one.

I'm therefore looking for advice, opinions, suggestions and so forth... what should I do when I get to Paris? Were I to continue my higher education it would have to be en alternance (that is to say, a paid internship with a company whilst studying for a degree).

Then again if i decide to find a job i will have had 3 years experience in International Relations and Sales, a BTS Assistant de Manager Trilingue, 2 languages fluently spoken/written (english and french), a decent level of spanish and the basics of russian as well.

With this resumé, do you think I could find a job in Paris that isn't serving tables or giving english lessons? I'm terrified that in this day and age to get anywhere in a capital city you need to have a degree in something/anything.

ANY feedback is welcome, any useful contacts or knowledge any of you have.
Come to think of it, if anybody would like a CV! Let me know!

Many thanks,

Bruno SZOTA
szotab

Re: Work and life in Paris Posted 02 June 2010
Hey szotab! This reply would probably be one year too late, nevertheless, I'd still like to share my two cents on your question. Well with your resume, you are sure to find a decent job in Paris. There are a lot of schools in Paris which you can take up a degree which can support your stay as well. I cam across this site, they have some pretty good info about education in Paris as well as other general information which may be of use to you once you get there. Here is the site: http://ellaparis.com/ella-paris/paris-education.html Hope this helps! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Return to Paris Expat Help