1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

What Am I Missing?!

What am I missing?! Posted 10 October 2009
Hi,

I'm about to move to Paris and am regularly scoping out the ads on craigslist. What I want to know is why there is such a huge range of prices for flats? I have found large flats near the Eiffel Tower for just EUR400 a month which seems totally crazy! On the other hand I have seen Montmarte 25m2 studios for EUR1200! I'm confused!

I realise location is a big deal but I would have thought that Ile Saint Louis or Rue du Grenelle would be more desirable than Montmarte?

(and it's not agency fees either, these are direct from owner)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
bac
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 12 October 2009
There must be something you’ve not noticed in the ads. Something very important.
I can’t tell you why before seeing the ads but generally speaking a flat of 25m2 beside EFFEL should cost between 600 euros and 900 euros.
Maybe that one of 400 euros is not an independent flat but just a room in a flat. Check it again.
findchm
Paris Forums Starter

Re: What am I missing?! Posted 02 June 2010
In my opinion, there are really some ads in the internet that can be quite deceiving at times. I think if you are already in Paris, it would be a better idea to go around for yourself, I'm sure you will be able to find some good deal, way better than those on the net, PLUS, consider it a tour as well. You can take in the sights of the city while you're at it. Right? :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Return to Paris Expat Help