1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Residents' Parking Permits

Residents' parking permits Posted 27 April 2009
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the forum and apologies if this subject has come up before but I couldn't find relevant information either here or on Google.

We're hoping to move to Paris soon, probably arr. 9 or 18, and wondered what the situation is regarding parking permits.
Do all residents need permits for their cars? If so, how much and who from? Also, is there a restriction to one car per property?

Thanks in advance.
Biscay
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 01 June 2009
Hey.
It's two cars per housewhold max. And you have to pay 2,5 to 3 euros a week, depending on your arrondissement. August is free. But be careful, Paris is divided into 160 areas, and yours will be very close to your home.

Posted 06 June 2009
Hi Biscay,

You can go to la prefecture to get a special residential permit (2 car max per house), which will give you a special rate to park right next to your house (which in theory sounds great) But from time to time you may have to park outside of "your area" and then the normal price applies.

If you park your car during the night no worries to have, the agents don't come to check your car and if during the day you're on a normal spot no Livraison it cost less to eventually get a parking fine =>11€ (if they come around, because most of the time these agent are looking for livraison parking infraction => it brings them more money and they get a commission).

Than to bother all day to get to your car and put money on the parking machine (2€/hour) So if you park for more than 6 hours you shouldn't bother about paying parking tickets ;)
LPPBS-Paris
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Residents' parking permits Posted 04 June 2010
Hey Biscay! I think you were able to get some pretty good answers from some of the answers here. I hope you were able to take some valuable and helpful tips here. Anyway, why don't you share your experience and how is living in Paris for you so far? :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help