1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

How To Blend With People?

How to blend with people? Posted 05 December 2009
I am recently an expat here, since I do not know well its culture and traditions I am afraid maybe the people in France find me weird in the way I dressed up or speak. How can you help me blend with these people? Can you give me some tips please? I would be very much happy with your feedbacks. Thanks! :?
janeryfox
Paris Forums Starter

Re: How to blend with people? Posted 26 December 2009
Hi Jane,

Welcome in Paris ! First, apologize me for my bad English. I'm Parisian, live in Pigalle. What are you doing in Paris ?

French people, particularly parisian people, are hard to approach. Don't try with working people, they are still in bad mood : french traditions ! have you notice the bad mood of people who are going at work in subway ?). But, If you need help for anything in the street, please considered that French people are pleased to help you. To meet people and make you some friends, try the nightlife ! They love to go in bar and when they begin to be drunk, Parisians become open minded, friendly and give their phone number to anybody ! I can give you some advices abotu bar where is good to go !
Have a nice day
Louise
Louise
Paris Forums Starter

Re: How to blend with people? Posted 04 June 2010
Welcome to Paris janeryfox! Paris is one of the most laid back and "cool" city that i know of. I don't think you will be thrown rocks here if you dress up differently. In fact, the French people are some of the most friendly people i know. I personally don't think that you should change who you really are just to "fit in" with the crowd. As matter of fact, if you continue to just be yourself, you have more chances of gaining new friends in Paris! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Return to Paris Expat Help