1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

US Electricity Appliances In Paris

US Electricity appliances in Paris Posted 14 September 2008
Does anybody know if the power outlets are different in Paris from those in US, and if US equipment would work in Paris at their frequency?
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 19 September 2008
No, definitely the power outlets are different. But don't worry about that. There are special adapters for that, available almost everywhere.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
Us equipment may need more than just simple outlet adapters. It is possible for you to use a power adapter also.
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
I think there is a difference between volts in USA it's 110v in Paris is 220v, but not sure
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
No, in usa it is a bigger power in outlets. 230 if I'm not mistaken
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: US Electricity appliances in Paris Posted 09 June 2010
From what i know, the power voltage in USA is 110 while in Paris and most of Europe it is 230-240 volts. All you have to do is bring with you adaptors or transformers that are suitable for your appliances. And it will be a good idea bring with you appliances which operates at 110 to 240 volts. So before travelling make sure that you check the voltage preference of most of your appliances. :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Re: US Electricity appliances in Paris Posted 07 August 2010
cool...
seodinah
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: US Electricity appliances in Paris Posted 15 August 2010
I thought there was also a difference in frequency: US = 60hz, Europe = 50hz. Not sure this will matter for most appliances. I'd be more careful with a laptop computer though....
Does anyone have any experience traveling with a US laptop pc??
Michael
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help