1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Cost Of Living In Paris

Cost of living in Paris Posted 12 July 2005
Hello, everyone.
I was proposed a job in Paris. I am thinking now to accept it or not so I need to know what is the cost of living in Paris?
What salary is enough for a decent living in Paris?
Thank you.
Tom

Posted 19 February 2008
Paris is one of the most expensive cities in the world, it's surpassed only by London, NewYork, Moskow, Tokyo and a few others. But, the worse things is that, salaries in Paris do not match the cost of living! In addition, income tax and sales tax rates are disastrous, especially for single people.

After adjusting for taxes and COL, salaries in Paris are about 1/3 of what they would be in the U.S., for the same work.
Francesko

Posted 13 September 2008
Having a salary of 2,000 euros will be tough, you would need about 3,000 euros for feeling great and enjoy normally the life.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 September 2008
it also depends on what would one name decent
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 19 September 2008
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
Francesko wrote:Paris is one of the most expensive cities in the world, it's surpassed only by London, NewYork, Moskow, Tokyo and a few others. But, the worse things is that, salaries in Paris do not match the cost of living! In addition, income tax and sales tax rates are disastrous, especially for single people.

After adjusting for taxes and COL, salaries in Paris are about 1/3 of what they would be in the U.S., for the same work.
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
At first you will need a minimum of 2k euros, then if you will want more comfort this amount must be tripled.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
We should mention that, of course, there is no maximum :)
mixi
Paris forums Member

Re: Cost of life in Paris Posted 28 May 2010
Though the cost of living in Paris is quite expensive, still i believe it all depends on how wisely you make use of your money. i visited there once and i only had a limited budget but i was still able to enjoy my stay. you just have to do your research on where you can get the best deals and marked down prices on items and such. you just really have to be resourceful! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help