1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Paris Dinner Theme

Paris Dinner Theme Posted 15 September 2006
Hi everyone! I am a college student from Florida and am in a Little Dinner series class where we "cater" a dinner. Basically we come up with the dinner, purchase food/supplies, cook, serve, clean, decorate, etc. My group is doing a Paris-themed dinner. I know nothing about Paris. Could you all give me some input on things to keep in mind for the dinner? i.e. traditions for dinner (what order food is served, what food is served, what wine is served, table set up, etc.), entertainment we can use during the reception (I think I've heard impressionist painters and accordian players are popular), popular cold hors d'oeuvre's, popular sites, ideas of decor to use to decorate the rooms, colors (other than the colors of the flag), etc. ANY input would be greatly appreciated to make this dinner as close to the real thing as possible. I've done tons of research on this subject but what better way to know about Paris than to hear from someone who lives/lived there!? Thank you all so much!
kjl03

Posted 05 September 2008
Well, I know that if you get wine and cheese for a French meal; you're not going to end wrong. Good luck to you.
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 05 September 2008
during the dinner, you won't regret ordering a couple of French champagne. As you know, it's one of the best in the world.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
What champaigne is considered th best, and most expensive?
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 16 July 2009
Thanks
kin4u8
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Culture Chat