1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Renting An Apartment In Paris

Renting an apartment in Paris Posted 11 November 2008
Hello,
I have recently found a listing for a seemingly wonderful apartment in Paris on the Avenue des Champs Elysees. I found the listing on craigslist and have been talking to the alleged owner for several days. After going back and forth on rental information, he has said he'd be willing to rent but has asked for a security deposit soon in order to secure the reservation for me until I arrive in Paris in January. I'm obviously very hesitant to send anyone money that I've never met or seen in person before, especially in an entirely different country. So, my question is, does anyone know a way in which I could ensure this guy is legit? Given that paris is such a large city, I am hoping there is some sort of system maybe people use in this situation to ensure they're not getting swindled. He's provided pictures of the alleged apartment, but those could be from anywhere. Regardless, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
RKR
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 19 December 2008
I would not pay in advance...
Please be careful.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Renting an apartment in Paris Posted 09 August 2010
to ensure the guy is legit, look at his website, browse the french yellow pages, try to find him on Facebook...
ask questions, ask for a phone number...

many guests are calling me because they're so scared my apartment is a scam which I very much understand.

and never pay the rent in advance. only a security deposit (10 to 50% of the rent) !!
possopo
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Renting an apartment in Paris Posted 26 September 2010
possopo wrote:and never pay the rent in advance. only a security deposit (10 to 50% of the rent) !!

By the way, it seems that it's what the guy asked for...
my-place-in-paris
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Renting an apartment in Paris Posted 07 April 2011
It's a tough search. If you go through a legitimate company don't worry about paying in advance. With a private owner I would stay away from it.
janie
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Accommodation in Paris