1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Question Re: Elderly Parisian Gentlemen In Parks

Question re: elderly Parisian gentlemen in parks Posted 03 February 2011
Hi all
This may be a bit of a strange/random question but I was strolling around the Jardin des Tuileries this afternoon on my own and on two separate occasions, found an older Parisian gentleman saying something to me in French as I passed them. Not wanting to be rude I told them I didn't speak French and long story short, ended up in a short conversation with each of them (pretty basic stuff - explaining I'm a tourist and where I'm from, suggestions on what sights I should see etc). On each occasion both gentlemen invited me to have a drink with them (the first, in Monmartre at night; the second, in one of the cafes in the gardens tomorrow afternoon). Now to me they didn't seem like sleazy old guys, rather they seemed polite and nice, but i was just wondering if this is a normal thing that occurs? Is it common place for elderly Parisian men to just strike up conversations with lone female tourists strolling around parks and then invite them from drinks? Are they actually after something? Sorry for this rather random inquiry, but this isn't something I've come across before so I'm interested to know if others have experienced this, actually accepted an offer etc.

Thanks in advance!
V
vagabondshoes
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Question re: elderly Parisian gentlemen in parks Posted 24 February 2011
Just be easy on what you saw. Everything will be possible.
Oscar Peter
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Question re: elderly Parisian gentlemen in parks Posted 07 April 2011
I don't think it's "normal" at all. But then again, I am not a pretty girl and don't get solicited by random elderly gentlemen.
janie
Paris Forums Visitor

Return to Paris Travel Forum