1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

AC In Paris?

AC in Paris? Posted 28 July 2006
Why there are no ACs in Paris apartments?
Are people in Europe against AC?
Shirley Cheadle
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 31 July 2006
I don't think anyone is against air conditioning, just the cost of running it. Costs for running a/c in the US are relatively low, compared to here!
johny-johny
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 05 August 2006
Everything seems hugely expensive in Europe. The electricity, housing, gasoline. How do you make ends meet? Of course with cheap public transport, who needs cars? I suppose the high taxation pays for that so you don't have money for the other stuff Americans seem to take for granted? What percentage of income does electricity take from your budget, on average?
It's not so bad in Europe particularly the UK, especially as we rarely have the need for air conditioning! It costs me nothing extra to make icecubes as I have a large freezer anyway, and freezers actually work more efficiently when they're full so I fill the gaps with icetrays!
The average wage in a lot of European countries is quite low ( sorry I don't have figures) France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and the UK have good average salaries, but places like Greece earn much less! I think the only thing we don't have that you take for granted is air conditioning! Which due to power costs in a lot of European countries is the one thing that most households don't have, although you'll find it in hotels, shops and restaurants!
politicgirls
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 13 September 2008
Can somebody explain me what is an AC? I found different meanings for this abbrevation, but am not sure which one refers to this topic
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 September 2008
Ac stands for air conditioning
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: AC in Paris? Posted 09 June 2010
hey Shirley! I really laughed at your question.. :lol: it was such an innocent and serious question.. I don't think that the French or Europeans for that matter are against AC's.. I agree with what the others said, it's more of cost cutting. The electricity charges here can be quite great especially if you have an AC in your house. You probably chose a cheaper apartment so cheap means cutting down the cost which also means why there are no AC in your apartment.. :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

Re: AC in Paris? Posted 07 August 2010
thanks..good
seodinah
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help