1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Solar Energy

Solar energy Posted 08 October 2008
I won't load you with scientific terms and will bring you a normal understanding of what solar energy is.
This is the sunlight heat which is collected by special equipment/devices which, in turn, convert this heat into electricity.
The solar energy is a natural energy, not an artificial one. It needs no chemical or mineral resources for generating electricity. Therefore it's harmless for the environment and our health. It would be so elementary if it wasn't so sophisticated.
The point is that the devices and equipment used for converting the solar energy are too much expensive. Besides, one device can't give a lot of electricity. However, today Europeans tend to implement them wherever possible.
What do you think and know about these devices?
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 22 October 2008
Solar energy devices are great equipment for contributing to saving the environment. But, they are quite expensive. That's it would be great if each state gives money for each house in order to equip it with this kind of device.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 01 November 2008
I've once been to Turkey and was surprised to see many houses supplied with such equipments on their roofs. This could be a great advatage for Turkey in joining the EU family.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 12 November 2008
I believe European governments should subsidize households for purchasing such devices. If at least one million of them do it, the ecology in the country will be much cleaner, for sure.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Solar energy Posted 02 March 2010
As a former Californian I have looked into this and found the only help is after the fact. There are rebates, and tax breaks once you have a system installed and running. If you produce any excess power, you can go out and watch your meter spin backwards! And by law, the power companies must buy all the excess you can produce.
tillup
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Solar energy Posted 22 March 2010
Greetings to everyone!

Solar energy, radiant light and heat from the sun, has been harnessed by humans since ancient times using a range of ever-evolving technologies. Solar radiation, along with secondary solar-powered resources such as wind and wave power, hydroelectricity and biomass, account for most of the available renewable energy on earth. Only a minuscule fraction of the available solar energy is used.

Solar powered electrical generation relies on heat engines and photovoltaics. Solar energy's uses are limited only by human ingenuity. A partial list of solar applications includes space heating and cooling through solar architecture, potable water via distillation and disinfection, day lighting, solar hot water, solar cooking, and high temperature process heat for industrial purposes.To harvest the solar energy, the most common way is to use solar panels.

Solar technologies are broadly characterized as either passive solar or active solar depending on the way they capture, convert and distribute solar energy. Active solar techniques include the use of photovoltaic panels and solar thermal collectors to harness the energy. Passive solar techniques include orienting a building to the Sun, selecting materials with favorable thermal mass or light dispersing properties, and designing spaces that naturally circulate air.
Bertrand
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Solar energy Posted 24 September 2010
Solar energy is used as follows:

It heats and lights the earth, without it we would all die on a very cold rock with no plant life.

Photo voltaic cells can collect solar energy and produce an electric current.

Solar collectors, usually roof mounted, are used domestically to heat water in homes.

Some desert areas use an array of mirrors to heat water in a central tower to produce steam to turn a generator and produce electricity.
Dyson Miles
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Solar energy Posted 27 September 2010
solar energy seems to be the useful term for most of us too. i must say for our enviornment, solar energy is the ebst thing with the help of which we can save our light too...
so this is for sure the good one
bobkerry
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Solar energy Posted 30 October 2010
Solar energy is an alternative energy source that involves harnessing the radiant light energy emitted by the sun and converting it into electrical current,While much of the world at least officially wants to go green, the global recession has not helped investment in solar, wind and other clean power sources.

Governments and power generators are trying to juice the process.
gavinol
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Solar energy Posted 08 March 2011
Solar energy is expensive is not the reason why people not using it, but people are not generally aware with the benefits.
kaycee
Paris forums Member

Solar energy Posted 20 August 2011
The other sources are becoming scares and costly, gradually to produce electricity.So prepare your self for solar source of energy.
Crooks
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Solar energy Posted 11 October 2011
I am seeking for the help from some professionals for installing the Solar panels on the roof my home so that I decrease the amount paid for electricity bills.Can you suggest me some option locally.
violadav
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Solar energy Posted 14 February 2012
Maximus wrote:I won't load you with scientific terms and will bring you a normal understanding of what solar energy is.
This is the sunlight heat which is collected by special equipment/devices which, in turn, convert this heat into electricity.
The solar energy is a natural energy, not an artificial one. It needs no chemical or mineral resources for generating electricity. Therefore it's harmless for the environment and our health. It would be so elementary if it wasn't so sophisticated.
The point is that the devices and equipment used for converting the solar energy are too much expensive. Besides, one device can't give a lot of electricity. However, today Europeans tend to implement them wherever possible.
What do you think and know about these devices?

Great publicity and i would love to see more of it !
PJones
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Solar energy Posted 22 February 2012
Solar power PV cells generate electricity when exposed to sunlight. It is non-polluting, has no moving parts that could break down, requires little maintenance and no supervision, and has a life of 20-30 years with low running costs. And compare those characteristics to those of coal, oil, gas, or nuclear power, and the choice is easy. Solar energy technologies offer a clean, renewable and domestic energy source.
Junie
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Solar energy Posted 01 July 2012
Yes solar energy is a good energy. People should use more solar energy. I think this is more responsible
lonelykiller
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Solar energy Posted 08 July 2012
No doubt, this source of energy is the best source of energy, too bad some people decided to accept the deal of other bizarre source, it must have been they did not know about the deal.
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Environment Forum