1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Internet Dependency

Internet dependency Posted 13 October 2008
In a modern society there more and more people everyday that cannot imagine their existence without the Internet any more. Loss of communication with the Internet world deprives them of their rest. What is sadder is that some scientists have established that the fear of information isolation has age conditionality: the younger are the people, the more strongly they are subject to this illness. Most of the young people don’t use the World Wide web for a certain purpose, but actually to get in touch with their buddies, whilst older people are more concerned about the inaccessibility of the Internet because they cannot move on with their professional interests and day to day tasks at their offices. However this does not mean that they are not dependent on the Internet. So how to replace this disequilibrium with the famous tea-hours in London, or the endless walks through Paris? Is there any solutions or this is no way to turn back?
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 17 October 2008
internet makes us dependent because it's almost unlimited. There are so many things to discover and learn, that it makes us fully dependent on it, even if we don't realize it. Thus, I guess there should be a new term like "internetacholic"
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 31 October 2008
Psychologists take internet dependence as sickness, and they are fully right. People forget about the real world and live inside the virtual world. This should be stopped. We must learn to use internet only if it really is required.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 10 November 2008
I agree it's a problem. I know a person who lives only with the internet. He goes to bed late at 12 o'clock after staying the entire day in front of the computer.
When he wakes up, he can't wait to push the power button and see if somebody wrote him something...
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 17 November 2008
be careful people. The sitting way of life (maybe because of the job) will cause some diseases to your back. But, this way you feel intellectual.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Internet dependency Posted 03 April 2011
serious issue.

I'm wondering if parents face some problems with children being addicted to internet and the effect it may have on their scolarity.
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Science Talk