1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

BS In Business Admin (conc. Accounting) MSM Global Mgmt (conc. Entrepreneurship) Looking For Business/hospitality Jobs

BS in Business Admin (conc. Accounting) MSM Global Mgmt (conc. Entrepreneurship) looking for business/hospitality jobs Posted 17 July 2011
Elise Galanto
Date of Birth: October 15, 1985
Nationality: United States of America
Tel: +1 626 340 8673
Visa Status: Need assistance obtaining work visa.

Professional Profile
I have a business background, with a focus in accounting and global entrepreneurship/management. I have obtained working experience in an Accounting firm. I have worked and lead multi-cultural teams. I am self-motivated and I always strive for excellence. I enjoy working in an international atmosphere.

Career Objectives
I would like an enriching opportunity to work in an environment that will allow me to apply my business knowledge, further develop my management skills and thrive in an organization devoted to providing quality service for its customers and employees.

Education

2009-2010 MSc in Global Management and Entrepreneurship, Babson College USA
Specialization in Global Management and Entrepreneurship
Exchange with EM LYON (Lyon) / Zhejiang University (Hangzhou) France/China

2003-2007 BS in Business Administration, University of California, Riverside USA
Specialization in Accounting, Magna cum Laude, commencement speaker for graduating class.

Professional Experience

10/2010-Present Restaurant Rotational Program Participant, Heavy Restaurant Group USA
Heavy Restaurant Group has 400 employees and manages three casual fine dining restaurant concepts with a total of 7 restaurants in the Seattle, WA area. I have an agreement with the owner enabling me to perform all the duties in the restaurant business both in the corporate office as well as the front and back of the house of the restaurants.
My positions in the corporate office include assisting the Accounting department in analyzing inventory levels and streamlining inventory processes, menu costs, sales budgets, as well as analyzing monthly trends on food purchases, promos, and sales; assisting the HR department in employment activation and termination, employee benefits; and implementing a feedback program to determine management bonuses; assisting the Marketing department by researching an efficient and effective customer relationship management software and implementing it into the company, analyzing past sales and devising new methods to improve revenue, and assisting in brand marketing efforts for rebranding strategy; assisting the Operations department during menu changes and ensuring all new menu items are properly inputted into the system with the correct point of sales code and ingredients.
My positions in the restaurant include food running; expediting; hosting; serving; line cook for sauté, grill, pantry, and pastry; and prep cook for high quality restaurants with an average of 300 covers a day.
In addition, I shadow different managers from different restaurants to understand their management styles and the dynamic from one restaurant to another and I report back to the owner. I also shadow the owner and the operations director to understand their role in the business.

05/2010-08/2010 Business Consultant, U.S. Energy Services LLC USA
Consulted U.S. Energy Services LLC, a Massachusetts based company, and assessed the college market for implementing new product, Motor Silk, a lubricant for increasing engine efficiency, through primary and secondary research.
Analyzed data and developed a marketing campaign to attract and bring awareness to the college market.
Managed cross-cultural team to ensure continued progress towards end goal in deliverables for Company.

01/2010-04/2010 Business Consultant, Zhejiang Shangmeng Tech. Co. LTD China
Assessed the feasibility including financial analysis and market potential of implementing new e-commerce payment service to Hangzhou, China.
Analyzed the business model and recommended alternative options for increased revenue streams.
Managed cross-cultural team to ensure continued progress towards end goal in deliverables for Company.

09/2010-12/2010 Business Consultant, Sports Dans La Ville France
Collaborated with CEO of Sports Dans La Ville, a private organization based in Lyon committed to equipping troubled youth with an outlet to play sports and providing workshops to give them necessary tools to succeed in the workplace, to determine how to achieve the company’s expansion goal.
Recommended optimal locations of entry based on their criteria and research in order to expand their business to a different region.
Managed cross-cultural team dynamic for effective and efficient team process by ensuring open communication and knowledge of the importance of deliverables

08/2007-08/2009 Experienced Assurance Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP USA
PricewaterhouseCoopers is one of the big four top international Accounting Firms. Based out of Los Angeles, I worked in the private company services division and assisted in opining on financial statements as well as assuring the proper implementation of quality controls for our clients.
Managed multiple tasks in order to audit Parsons Corporation, a multi-million dollar construction company, such as completing assigned tasks, coaching new associates and coordinating with project managers primarily located in the Middle East.
Added value to an audit engagement for Paramount Farming, $978M agricultural company, by improving auditing process making work more effective and efficient, resulting in completing the engagement sooner than expected and below budget.
Completed assigned tasks consistently ahead of budget thereby assisting managers on higher risk areas.
Coordinated closely with the CFO, client controller and other financial personnel on various engagements
Coached new associates on PwC practices and review their work while managing current workload and client relations.
Knowledgeable in GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley 404 testing

Languages
English (Native), French (Conversational).

Additional Information
I am proficient in microsoft excel, word, powerpoint, outlook. I am interested in culture, traveling, fine arts, reading, music and cinema, public speaking, soccer and swimming.
egalanto
Paris Forums Starter

Return to Professionals looking for jobs in Paris