1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Best Place To Stay With An Infant

Best Place to stay with an infant Posted 02 October 2008
Hi there, i am travelling to Paris in November and was wondering can anyone suggest what hotel to stay? I am going with my boyfriend, 11mth son, friday to sunday... Somewhere central, near good restaurants, shops...etc
:D

Thanks
pinky
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 03 October 2008
Hi Pinky!
You've made a good decision by choosing Paris if your purpose is travelling.
So you're coming with your boyfriend and child. That's a pity, there are a lot of beautiful men here :) just kidding.
I think you are gonna like the Hotel Eiffel Seine. Hope you're not too much capricious, because the hotel is ***. Though, you will find best service for a minimum price. By going to this hotel, you will save a little money, because the average price per night is $220. That's quite low cost for central Paris. Now, the hotel is not too big - 45 rooms. So in order to be sure you stay there, make a booking on their webpage
http://www.eiffelseine.com/
or you can contact them directly at 33( 0)1 45 78 14 81
This hotel is placed in the best place possible, nearby is the river Seine, and the biggest advantage is that the Eiffel Tower is in about 2000 feets away. That's pretty close.
This is how the hotel looks from outside (quite solid look I should say)
This is how a standard room looks
Pretty comfy. All normal facilities are included
• Air-conditioning
• Double-glazing
• Flat screen LCD TV (satellite, cable and Canal +)
• Individual safe
• Hair-dryer
• Mini bar
• 160cm or 180cm bed
• Free cable and Wi-Fi internet access

Now remember, due to its location nearby the Eiffel Tower, there are hunreds of restaurants, tens of museums around that area. One the second level in Eiffel Tower, you will find the restaurant Le Jules Vernes. An average launch will cost you about 65 dollars, and a solid dinner up to 200.
Any questions, just ask!
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 03 October 2008
Thats great... The hotel looks fab, i'll check out more websites to price that hotel.... :)

Have u any suggestions on what to do for the two days? Eiffel Tower a must for sure but dont think we'll be eating there as its a bit pricey... Should we take d tour bus while we are there?

Is there nice shops and restaurants near the hotel reasonable enough?

101 questions i know, but just wanna have a good time with my two boys :D

Weather? anything else u can think of would be great?

Pubs?even tho we wont be partyin on as we have d little guy with us....
pinky
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 03 October 2008
Well, the location of the hotel is close to numerous shops and restaurants so, you'll have a quite good chance to experiment the local cuisine, and some of them at an affordable price.
But if you're not good with that you can take the metro which is just in front of the hotel.
But I would suggest not to waste those beautiful 2 days waiting in metro stations, instead take a walk on the Champs de Mars. BTW there is a lot of place for walking in Paris :)

Other activities would include a boat ride on the Seine River.
Don't forget the digital camera :)
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 03 October 2008
Hi Pinky,
glad you're back. OK, I will try to give you a piece of advice for making your travel and staying be the best possible.
So, tell me please, do you like sea food? If you do, then I have something special for you - the Restaurant Vin & Marée Suffren. Main dishes that are served here are sea dishes.
You will kill two rabbits because it's not far from Eiffel Seine hotel, about 500 meters North-East. The street is 71 Avenue de Suffren. You'll have to call two hours priorly and book a table, since it's quite small. So here is the phone number for you +33 (1) 47 83 27 12
You will be satisfied with its food. It's always fresh, just a few hours caught before it comes to your plate. :) And of course you'll be offered tasty French wine. The restaurant closes at 11 pm, works Monday-Sunday, so I guess it would be great for you.
Still, if you prefer other kind of food, than you should go to Restaurant Café de l'Homme. It's also not far from you, but it's on the other bank of Seine. Address: 17 Place du Trocadéro, telephone +00 33 (0)1 44 05 30 1
For making a booking, do it on the following link
http://resa1.lafourchette.com/w/reserva ... p?lang=ENG
What's in the menu? Well believe me, the food is pretty much delicious like pastas, cheeses etc. And, it's not expensive at all, maybe 20-40 euros.
Hope I helped you with restaurants.
In regards to tour bus, I think you shouldn't take it. Just feel free to do whatever you want. A tour bus won't stop whenever you want. :) Still, if you like to hear the history of Paris and bla bla bla... you can take the bus.
A food store can be found on 49 boulevard de Grenelle, Paris 15ème - Tél. 01 45 79 11 49.
It is considered that the best Parisian bread is sold there.
Now a girl-to-girl advice. Visit the "Body Shop", it's also not far from your hotel - about 500 meters to South-East. Street 77, Rue Commerce, 75015
telephone 01 55 76 61 30‎
In this shop you will find whatever a girl needs for maintaining its beauty and health.
For example
body butter

White musk
etc.
You should definitely like it, don't forget to keep me informed about your trip. :)
Later I will give you some information about clubs, if you're interested of course.
:popcorn2:
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 04 October 2008
Hi Cold as ice,

Thanks for the info, but the only sea food i like is Mussels in cream and white wine sauce....o yummy, i love it!

Dont think i'll be heading to clubs as we have d baby with us and i doubt babys are allow in there.....not that i would dream of takin my son into a night club not until he is 21..... :lol: Are infants allowed into restaurants?

What will the weather be like there? I suppose it cant be as bad as Ireland...rain rain rain rain and guess what more RAIN!!! :lol:
pinky
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 04 October 2008
hi there pinky!
If you don't like sea food just go to the second restaurant I mentioned, it's an ordinary restaurant with typical food, so you must like it.
Now I thought you'd be interesting going to a club, maybe leave your kid with a babysitter for a couple of hours. There're so many nice clubs, but it's OK if you don't go.
Now, anyways, if you will want to spend the time well, you'll have to hire a babysitter. Restaurants don't mention anything about allowing or not allowing infants, but, normally they shouldn't allow because infants are infants and they may cry at any time, thereby disturbing others from their lunch/dinner. You may be allowed to stay with your baby if you stay at terrace, it depends on the waiter, if he's not too capricious he'll never inform the management about that, if he is, then it's just bad luck.
So if you decide to leave your child with a babysitter, here's what I can recommend you. "Baby Chou" is specialized in offering babysitting services, they even work in hotels. Their staff (babysitters) are experienced and will always care your child just as you do. Besides, their charge is not big, it's about 16 EUROs per hour. Now think about it, what would you like - to have headache with your child everywhere you go or to enjoy the restaurant/club happily with your husband. If you want to make a reservation, you'll have to make it 24 hours in advance.
You can contact them: contacts@babychou.com - Tél : 01 43 13 33 23
and their address is 31 rue du Moulin de la pointe, 75013 PARIS
As for the weather, here's what I found. You mentioned you'll be staying in Paris from Friday to Sunday, so that probably means 10-12 October. Here's the weather forecast for each day:
Friday: A little cloudy, but mostly sunny, with maximum temperature of 63 degrees F, rain chance - 10%
Saturday: foggy, maximum temperature 62 degrees F, rain chance - 20%
Sunday: foggy, maximum temperature 61 degrees F, rain chance - 20%
As you see, the weather is quite find, little or no rains. So you chose a perfect time.
Waiting for your questions 8)
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum