1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

How Safe Is Paris For Two Young Women Traveling Alone?

How safe is Paris for two young women traveling alone? Posted 29 January 2011
My friend and I, both 19, are planning to travel to Paris in a few months.. We're going to just walk around the city and also the French countryside.. How is it in terms of safety and crime? Is it a bad idea to walk around the city during the evening?
Hmm I have not seen Taken yet, lol is it about the same thing?
FarrowWild
Paris Forums Starter

Re: How safe is Paris for two young women traveling alone? Posted 29 January 2011
Just don't share a taxi with some young guy at the airport. See the movie Taken?
Tar-Anarion
Paris Forums Starter

Re: How safe is Paris for two young women traveling alone? Posted 29 January 2011
Paris is awesome
Walda
Paris Forums Starter

Go see the move Taken, And you will probably not want to go.
Hareth
Paris Forums Starter

Ha, go watch the movie Taken!
seriously..
Odn
Paris Forums Starter

Its not a great idea as you will be visiting and everyone will be able to tell you are not from Paris. I think you should invite a male friend and go out with him in the evening. I don't think its safe to go alone
RustyKiddie
Paris Forums Starter

i dont think its safe u should go wit an adult

see the movie taken its based on a true story
Coco06
Paris Forums Starter

I second considering bringing a male friend with you just to be safe. I do think it will be OK, though, as long as you don't go out at nigh in secluded areas. People may take advantage of your being a tourist as well, and not knowing the area. Be aware of that and just be careful. :)

Have fun on your trip! Lucky.
Bain
Paris Forums Starter

It is pefectly OK, as long as you make sure not to go to secluded places, or to "strange" neighbourhoods. Also, don't be trustworthy with people you don't know (e.g. don't get in cars of strangers, etc.). I would have no problem going to Paris all alone, European capitals are safe crime-wise, but of course you can never guarantee where a criminal will show up!
Vardamir-Nolimon
Paris Forums Starter

Oh for goodness sake, Taken is a movie, a thriller, not a documentary of Paris. It's a great movie, but I've been travelling to/fro Paris several times a year since I was 18 and I have not yet once been pickpocketed (touch wood and let's hope it keeps that way).

Paris in general is a very safe city, but like anywhere else in the world, keep your wits around you and be aware of your environment. Don't go wandering someplace that you're unfamiliar with when it's dark and there's very little people around. Don't flash your belongings to the world and take good care that your belongings are securely kept. Don't drink/eat something offered by a stranger. If you're out for the evening don't let your drinks be out of your sight or else just buy a new one. The usual things and precautions that you would take regardless where you are, you know.

Walking the city in the central area is very much the thing to do (you'll miss the magnificent sights of Paris with the lights otherwise) during the evening, but you may want to avoid areas such Pigalle (red district area) and Montmartre, and parts of the city that's near the peripherique.

Stay safe and have fun in Paris.
Arantar
Paris Forums Starter

Re: How safe is Paris for two young women traveling alone? Posted 24 February 2011
You can go there if you have a great father to save you as in the taken. raverboy just a joke. Keep relax. It is safe if you keeep your wits with you.
Oscar Peter
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: How safe is Paris for two young women traveling alone? Posted 07 April 2011
Oh relax. Have you been to NY? LA? These cities are probably more dangerous and if you can handle them Paris is a piece of cake. Don't do anything obvious like dress like a tourist and wear a huge camera around your neck. You'll be fine.
janie
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: How safe is Paris for two young women traveling alone? Posted 26 April 2011
Oh for goodness sake, Taken is a movie, a thriller, not a documentary of Paris. It's a great movie, but I've been travelling to/fro Paris several times a year since I was 18 and I have not yet once been pickpocketed (touch wood and let's hope it keeps that way).

Paris in general is a very safe city, but like anywhere else in the world, keep your wits around you and be aware of your environment. Don't go wandering someplace that you're unfamiliar with when it's dark and there's very little people around. Don't flash your belongings to the world and take good care that your belongings are securely kept. Don't drink/eat something offered by a stranger. If you're out for the evening don't let your drinks be out of your sight or else just buy a new one. The usual things and precautions that you would take regardless where you are, you know.
seattlelimoforhire
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: How safe is Paris for two young women traveling alone? Posted 01 February 2012
seattlelimoforhire wrote:Oh for goodness sake, Taken is a movie, a thriller, not a documentary of Paris. It's a great movie, but I've been travelling to/fro Paris several times a year since I was 18 and I have not yet once been pickpocketed (touch wood and let's hope it keeps that way).

Well said.
Lalia
Paris Forums Visitor

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Travel Forum