1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Safe In Paris?

Safe in Paris? Posted 28 March 2006
I am a bit concerned about the situation in Paris. The British newspapers have printed recent photographs of gangs of youths from the Paris suburbs attacking and stealing from tourists in areas such as the Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame etc............

1). I have booked an evening Cruise along the Seine which ends at 2300 hrs near the Tour Eiffel. What is the safest way to get back to our hotel? (near the Gare du Nord). Will a taxi be best at 2300 hrs? (although it may be expensive).

2). Would it be safe to use the Metro at 2300 hrs? (from Tour Eiffel to the Gare du Nord)

3). Are the Tourist areas dangerous at the moment? Or is it just the odd newspaper article & photo?
Allan
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 01 April 2006
In your place I would choose a taxi.
StarTrek
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 03 April 2006
I choose to be more careful and to wait until everything is settled. But if you already booked your Cruise, you can contact some of your native friends in Paris.
VaBank
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 03 April 2006
I think in taxi it will be quite safe.
StarTrek
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 05 September 2008
Just act as a french
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 05 September 2008
Are these things still happening in Paris? Or it occurred while those riots happened there?
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 07 September 2008
Planetman wrote:Just act as a french

:D how exactly do you suggest to act like French? Would you act like a local in a foreign country? If yes, you must be a good actor.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 07 September 2008
This would probably mean to listen to French music and learn a few notes and then go and sing it in the street :D
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 12 September 2008
I hate people who show their music skills in the street. I hate street music! Unfortunately this is common for Paris.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 13 September 2008
I agree with you. This is kind of rude an impolite.
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris General Chat