1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Top 10 Fashion And Style Tips For Women

Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 20 May 2009
Hi To All,
Myself Jake Smith from NY....
Professionally I'm Fashion Designer So, I want to Share some Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for all of you....
I hope these tips are very helpful for all of you....

1 - Know your body shape
Petite women should avoid chunky clothes and strong prints. Instead go for fitted shapes and soft fabrics, narrow belts subtle contrasts of colour and texture. Keep everything streamlined so as not to cut the body in half.

Busty women should wear eye-catching skirts (shorter if you are comfortable) and trousers; strong prints and colours or textures draw the eye away from the top half of the body. Wearing a single block of colour is thinning. Avoid eye-catching tops; instead wear long jackets that draw the eye down. Darker coloured tops which are loose fitting and waist hugging.

Pear shaped women should love vertical lines, V-necks and skirts with slits up the side. Straight of A-line skirts to just below the knee. Dark tights and shoes with colour or pattern in a blouse or top, tops should hang past the hips. Classic cuts on top in lighter colours draw the eye away from the hips. Accent the V-neck with a V or Y- shaped necklace.

2 - Dress to suit your personality

Rock chick - accessorize and clash a little but keep it feminine.
Urban chic - take advantage of the wonderful high street fashion, stunning yet simple.
Sporty - Layer trendy casual clothes.
Arty - Taking the contemporary fashion and adding a dash of your own personality to spice things up.
Sexy - Sensual fabrics, curvy and delicious. A splash of colour and scent.

3 - The right accessories can make all the difference

- V and Y- shaped necklaces draw the eye down
- Round necklaces fill the neckline
- Ultra long earrings elongate the neck
- A long, trailing belt elongates the legs
- The right hat can make an outfit

4 - Wake up to make up
- Make your eyes sparkle with a contrasting eye shadow
- Open out the eye by highlighting down the middle of the lid
- Use black for a dramatic look
- Use grey for smoky eyes with a delicate pink lipstick

5 --A bag for life
- For daywear a good sized leather bag in a classic style cut. This season gives you plenty of choice as to colour and texture.
- For evening wear the clutch bag is back or alternatively go for a shoulder bag with a chain strap.
6 - Keep everything in proportion
- petite people elongate themselves with a slim cut
- for slim hips wear straight leg trousers/skirts, avoid flared ankles.
- for curvy hips balance them out with an A-line skirt, not a bias cut
- to hide hips wear flared trousers and a classic cut top
- wear a blouse with a short skirt

7 - Dress for the season
- in spring / summer wear the bronzer and shimmery make up
- for spring / summer wear lower cut and soft fabrics in bright colors
- in autumn / winter matte make up with slightly darker tones
- for autumn / winter wear natural colors and natural fabrics, knitwear, leather, cotton, linen

8 - Don't mix styles
- less is more
- there are many trends this season don't wear bold coolers, metallic’s, animal print and retro glamour all at once.
- Pick one style per outfit and don't go overboard, often one or two accessories will look fabulous with a simple outfit.

9 - Have fun with subtle changes
- have jewellery that you can mix and match each day
- change your parting
- wear a scarf as a belt
- wear basic clothes in unusual ways

10 - It all comes down to the basics
- a good pair of jeans go for comfort, there are lots of styles which are fashionable this year. It is important to try them on before you buy. If going for skinny jeans get stretchy ones. If you have curvy hips got for low boot cut jeans to show them off. If you need a little more room for thighs and calves go for a relaxed fit, or for the bum go for low waist, low pockets and balance things out with flared ankles. This season go for dark colors and textures.

Thanks and Regards,
Jake Smith
jakesmith
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 26 June 2009
thanks jake smith. it help me alot!
cristy455
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 17 September 2009
The individuals belonging to the present age are extremely particular about what to wear, which brand to go for and about the fitting, cuts, colors and fabrics. As, fashion itself is a code to exemplify the different forms of clothing and accessories accentuating its appeal, so it act as an art class to learn the basics of the fabulous, colorful, and wildly creative world of fashion clothing
Ajaren
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 29 September 2009
Hey Jake,
Brilliant Tips! I myself am a firm believer in BASICS and a somewhat minimalist approach to my personal style. LESS IS ALWAYS MORE!
also Mascara is your friend I don't leave my house without it!

Thanks again
FlyGirl
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 20 May 2010
jakesmith wrote:Hi To All,
Myself Jake Smith from NY....
Professionally I'm Fashion Designer So, I want to Share some Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for all of you....
I hope these tips are very helpful for all of you....

1 - Know your body shape
Petite women should avoid chunky clothes and strong prints. Instead go for fitted shapes and soft fabrics, narrow belts subtle contrasts of colour and texture. Keep everything streamlined so as not to cut the body in half.

Busty women should wear eye-catching skirts (shorter if you are comfortable) and trousers; strong prints and colours or textures draw the eye away from the top half of the body. Wearing a single block of colour is thinning. Avoid eye-catching tops; instead wear long jackets that draw the eye down. Darker coloured tops which are loose fitting and waist hugging.

Pear shaped women should love vertical lines, V-necks and skirts with slits up the side. Straight of A-line skirts to just below the knee. Dark tights and shoes with colour or pattern in a blouse or top, tops should hang past the hips. Classic cuts on top in lighter colours draw the eye away from the hips. Accent the V-neck with a V or Y- shaped necklace.

2 - Dress to suit your personality

Rock chick - accessorize and clash a little but keep it feminine.
Urban chic - take advantage of the wonderful high street fashion, stunning yet simple.
Sporty - Layer trendy casual clothes.
Arty - Taking the contemporary fashion and adding a dash of your own personality to spice things up.
Sexy - Sensual fabrics, curvy and delicious. A splash of colour and scent.

3 - The right accessories can make all the difference

4 - Wake up to make up
- Make your eyes sparkle with a contrasting eye shadow
- Open out the eye by highlighting down the middle of the lid
- Use black for a dramatic look
- Use grey for smoky eyes with a delicate pink lipstick

5 --A bag for life
- For daywear a good sized leather bag in a classic style cut. This season gives you plenty of choice as to colour and texture.
- For evening wear the clutch bag is back or alternatively go for a shoulder bag with a chain strap.
6 - Keep everything in proportion
- petite people elongate themselves with a slim cut
- for slim hips wear straight leg trousers/skirts, avoid flared ankles.
- for curvy hips balance them out with an A-line skirt, not a bias cut
- to hide hips wear flared trousers and a classic cut top
- wear a blouse with a short skirt

7 - Dress for the season
- in spring / summer wear the bronzer and shimmery make up
- for spring / summer wear lower cut and soft fabrics in bright colors
- in autumn / winter matte make up with slightly darker tones
- for autumn / winter wear natural colors and natural fabrics, knitwear, leather, cotton, linen

8 - Don't mix styles
- less is more
- there are many trends this season don't wear bold coolers, metallic’s, animal print and retro glamour all at once.
- Pick one style per outfit and don't go overboard, often one or two accessories will look fabulous with a simple outfit.

9 - Have fun with subtle changes
- have jewellery that you can mix and match each day
- change your parting
- wear a scarf as a belt
- wear basic clothes in unusual ways

10 - It all comes down to the basics
- a good pair of jeans go for comfort, there are lots of styles which are fashionable this year. It is important to try them on before you buy. If going for skinny jeans get stretchy ones. If you have curvy hips got for low boot cut jeans to show them off. If you need a little more room for thighs and calves go for a relaxed fit, or for the bum go for low waist, low pockets and balance things out with flared ankles. This season go for dark colors and textures.

Thanks and Regards,
Jake Smith

I love this post!
sheray
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 27 May 2010
helpful, thx!
bonjour1802
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 29 May 2010
That's a very god post, that does helps define a complete woman should be like. These days the fashion statement is changing so fast that it is quite difficult to keep the track of the latest trends and this post will help to keep it simple and easy. I liked the way you mentioned about the bags, which I do find missing in most of the places, they just tell how to dress up. I don't think a woman is complete without her accessories and especially her handbag as this is something that she carries her world in it.
jmiefostr
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 11 June 2010
Helpful and useful! Thanks,lady! :D :wavey:
sweet ghost
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 14 June 2010
I have nice collections of dresses to look gorgeous! One of my favorite online store for this is hotfromhollywood hope you also like this.
hotfromhollywood
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 13 July 2010
That were great tips. If one wants to be in fashion then they should wear the things which are suitable and fittable to them and one should feel comfortable with it otherwise there is no meaning of fashion.
robphilines
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 17 July 2010
Every woman need to look good most time however they can follow this style tips to make them pretty :wavey: :wavey:
tubosunbiz
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 27 July 2010
Here a top 10 fashion and style for a women all are the really a nice and important tips for a women and we choose a things that suit on us like a we choose a colour that suit on us and wear a perfect feeting cloths and wear a simple but a trendy cloths this a good for you,choose a dress to suit your personality,Dress for the season,apply a suitable make-up that match your dress.
jasikamarshel
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 30 July 2010
Hi friend,

A very usefull post for all women.So pity just saw this post today.
So a suitable clothing is so important for a women.I like buy clothing and shoes online.Many years pass,i find a reliable and cheaper online store,for many fashion shoes and clothing.It called shoeser online store,anyone who interested in it ,can have a try.
YoYoLook
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 06 August 2010
In my opinion, it doesn't matter how much the outfit cost, what is matter is that it have to fit yourself. Let the clothes fit for person, rather than let the person fit the clothes that makes a person dark against the eye-catching cloths.
ebags-replicas
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 19 August 2010
Thank you for the post i found it very ummmmm insightful and got me thinking of how i can define my self even more!
tambino
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 01 September 2010
awesome post..... Thanks for sharing a nice info .....the tips are very useful for every woman
jasleen
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 06 September 2010
raverboy It's very usefull.Thanks
luxurymo
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 08 September 2010
Inch Losing Dresses Delivered to Your Door

What dress you choose really depends on your height and shape and with the right choice you could save inches outwards as well as adding inches upwards. So, where to start? If you're slightly fuller in the bust like many British and German women you should probably steer clear of high neck dresses, instead, try going for a deep v-neck to balance out your heavier top half and lengthen your legs. Equally, for a rounded figure or apple shape, a dress with a pleated waist will help skim over lumps and bumps and give the illusion of a smoother, lither body. If you have a slender Mediterranean figure like the French and Spanish and crave curves, a great dress can help you you can say au revoir to the ironing board chest; try wild animal prints to give the clever illusion of a waist and with a great belt your bust will look bigger too. If a heavy bottom half weighs you down, disguise thighs with a classic wrap dress, just make sure there's enough fabric to glide over the top part of your legs and bottom to flatter your fabulous form.

How to Accessorise Dresses

Finally, dressing up your dress with seasonal or fashionable accessories really can make the difference between a fashion faux pas and a show stopping entrance. So ladies, think like your stylish European neighbours, play with on trend colours and always, always team with fantastic footwear like the Portuguese, a cute bag and if you're an ex-pat in Europe, you know by now, that no stylish outfit is complete without those essential oversized sunglasses for instant Riviera style glamour.
Dyson Miles
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 14 September 2010
Nice post ...these type of post are always liked by women..
teal1066
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 23 September 2010
Thanks for your topic.
It is very useful. :lol: :lol:
luxurymo
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 23 September 2010
Hi,

Nice tips by Jake Smith thanks to share with us. These are really very useful tips.
Keep sharing!
freak001
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 24 September 2010
This post is really nice..All these makeup tips are according to fall fashion trends..
teal1066
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 03 October 2010
Yah... It's help me a lot... Specially I'm a busty women... Post more about newest fashion on what to wear & not to...
spongebob101
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 09 October 2010
quite right
lily527
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 09 March 2011
In 2011 leather will rule the fashion world. It is not just a forecast but a trend that will come alive and you may witness it soon..... :)
Womens Leather Jackets have gradually evolved overtime from ill-fitted, man-like leather jackets to more trendy and oozing feminine sizzle.
Suzanne
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 25 March 2011
"3 - The right accessories can make all the difference

"

Good ponits!
The choice of jewelry accessories is a very personal affair. What's your style, how to suit the outfit, and how to mix and match your jewelry, all the things require thorough consideration and good taste.
Jewelry rule #1: One statement at a time
Jewelry rule #2: Pick jewelry accessories based on face shape and hair style
Jewelry rule #3: Collocation between age and jewelry

- JewelrySaga . Com
JuliaY
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 27 March 2011
The tips are good! I will study it further. Thanks again for sharing~~ :D

yoNEED Jewelry
Bluesky2000
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 15 April 2011
1. Choose the clothes that suit your body
No matter what trendsetting or fashion forward clothing you purchase if it will not compliment your body-then you'd better put it back on the store rack!

2. On Jewelry: Less is not always more
(For Men) You must not over accessorize, do not wear more than 3 pieces of jewelry. Silver is becoming popular these days so you might want to invest.
(For Women) Less is not always more especially during the summer, you can accessorize you summer outfits with big and bold accessories. Wooden beads and citrus colored bangles are a good sight during the summer.

3. In the winter: Accessorize!
During the cold weather add a little pop of color to the weather, you can accessorize with sweaters and scarves, ensure it matches your outfit though! Try to mix and match things, if you are wearing tight fitting jeans then a big sweater will be a good contrast and will compliment your slender legs.

4. Keep your shoes and belts looking brand new:
Shoes and belts can catch the eye of other people so make sure that you invest in a good pair of shoes and a nice belt and make sure that they are regularly kept clean and shiny - there's nothing worse than a pair of muddy boots combined with a smart dress!

5. If you look the part then you have to smell the part.
There is no use in looking great if you smell something like the cat dragged in. So if you take time and invest in what you will be wearing and what you will look like then make sure that you throw in some good perfume, cologne or after-shave.

6. Skinny jeans are still in!
Yes! Skinny jeans are still in! Especially with Katy Perry singing "Let you put your hands on me In my skin-tight jeans", so don't throw out your skinny jeans yet! Nothing is as complimentary as a good pair of high-waisted, ankle exposing, skinny jeans.

7. The Ballerina is on center stage!
With movies like 'The Black Swan' earning a buzz, ballet-inspired fashion is sure to make its own buzz in the fashion industry. From ballet flats to ensembles inspired from tutus and leotards, we will be seeing a lot of ballerinas this year.

8. Summer Fashion tips:
In the summer be sure to wear loose fitting clothes that are made of natural fabrics and are in light colors, printed kaftan might just be making a wave this year. For a little style and functionality, a wide-brimmed hat will keep those harsh UV rays away and will also keep you looking elegant.

9. Add color in the winter:
Spring colored sweater should add some color during the pale winter. Make sure you wear bright printed winter clothes-just so you won't blend in with all the snow.

10. Check online!
For the latest in fashion news and trends, always check online, this is the most updated source of fashion information. Also try to look and see what celebrities are wearing these days. For one thing, everyone and I mean everyone will be looking into what the future princess Kate Middleton will be wearing-so try and see what's she's wearing and buy it quick before the stores run out!
Brendon Edmund
Paris Forums Starter

helpful tips to match jewelry with clothes.
Thanks!
JuliaY
Paris Forums Visitor

(@Jake smith) Wow it is too much helpful i like this topic thanks for that.
Jewelry
Paris forums Member

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 21 May 2011
Hi Jack! I felt very good to know about the tips u shared with us. You know I was really confused to take accessories wearing with right cloths but now by getting your useful and brilliant tips I got good advice regarding fashion. And the point which you have discussed dressed up with personality is a very touchable & awesome point. Thanks for sharing your ideas & tips.
anjila
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 18 June 2011
Hello,

very nice sharing by you all... All articles are very nice...
happy to see your articles and stuff which you shared...
These fashion and styles tips are most important for every one. So it should be useful for us...
markniklas
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 03 September 2011
Here above very tips are really very useful which is follow you carefully. If one wants to be in fashion then they should wear the things which are suitable and fittable to them and one should feel comfortable with it otherwise there is no meaning of fashion.
onlinesilk1
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 01 October 2011
Thanks for the tips. Appears to be at par with top
vikrant
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 12 October 2011
This information helped me alot.
Thanks alot for this use full information raverboy raverboy raverboy
smsmth397
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 27 January 2012
Thanks a lot for this post. I was finding some natural tips to cure headache. I hope these tips will be beneficial for me. I would like to try one by one... Thanks
linheduke
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 06 February 2012
All the tips which arr shared by you, are really useful. I like these all tips very much!!! Thanks for sharing them.
Yashmeens
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 20 February 2012
Excellent tips about fashion and style for women..Thanks for shared helpful idea and also interesting post..!!!
loosediamonds
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 20 February 2012
thx a lot!

toodous
berry_china
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 29 February 2012
Thanks for posting the ten tips on fashion and i found them unique and has some good information....
srivastava
Paris Forums Starter

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 29 March 2012
Great tips!!
Any suggestions for men!! :wink:
smsmth397
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 18 April 2012
Very interesting concept and a fantastic piece of innovation.well !
russellmark85
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Top 10 Fashion and Style Tips for Women Posted 01 May 2012
Quite helpful. Thanks for sharing
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Fashion Forum