1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Im A Sick Duckling Wanting To Stay In Paris

im a sick duckling wanting to stay in paris Posted 15 August 2010
Hi everyone... I don't know where to go so I am here online seeing if anyone can be so kind as to share what they think about my situation.

I moved here on the first of February this year with a student visa I obtained by pre-registering (and making a non-refundable deposit) at the Cours de francaise de la Sorbonne. My visa expires the end of November this year, since my two semesters at the school were between february to may, then July-Oct. At the time of application, I was hoping the visa lady would grant me a whole year but she chopped it down to specific dates... My plan was to attend the school, study very hard, and enter one of the public universities here, or enter the one-year french course at the Sorbonne Nouvelle- then I would be able to apply for an extention in my student visa, or at least go home for the winter and apply for one and go back when the winter/spring session begins. I live with my boyfriend here in Paris whom I met in my home country (Japan) last year. We did consider getting married but, while we have no doubt we will most likely be spending the rest of our lives together, we do not want to marry for a visa, and wait for the right timing, right finances, right situation, etc. My boyfriend just graduated university last month and started his new job a week ago. My situation, not as good: I attended one semester at the Sorbonne cours de francaise top of the class (well, 2nd) and a month before the finals I started getting pains in my leg and long story short, a week before my finals I ended up almost dead, in the intensive care unit at St Joseph hospital, and I was hospitalized for two weeks. I missed the exam, which I cannot reschedule unless I take it next year in January, and I was too ill to continue my studies the next semester. Luckily, I am doing much better now, and really appreciate all the help from my family and boyfriend and his family, and not to mention the FRENCH SOCIAL SECURITY!!! But it is mid-august now and the end of November is approaching, and I have no idea how to renew my visa. I am a USA citizen (but Half japanese with permanent residency there- its my home) and I cannot afford to go back to the Sorbonne- 2700euros per semester.... It's not quite possible, especially paying for meds every month and some of the hospitalization fees which I still haven't paid....!! I need to stay in Paris, with my boyfriend, and did I say this is the first time, amidst all the health problems and accidents, I can say I feel truly fortunate and happy. My boyfriend has a 1.5 year contract, we have a nice apartment together with a contract, I just can't leave. I need to stay here because this is where my heart is. Any information or advice will be really appreciated....

THANK YOU!
nana-momo
Paris Forums Starter

Return to Paris Expat Help