1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Eating In Paris

Eating in paris Posted 05 August 2005
Heloo there I've just arrived to Paris.
Where is the best place to eat in paris?
Thank you.
NewExpat

Posted 05 August 2005
Dining in Paris can be a real treat, or can be surprisingly ordinary, so it's worth some effort to seek out the former rather than settling for the latter. The restaurant trade began in Paris, but for some time now the focus of French cooking has been on little rural restaurants, closer to the farms and with their focus on freshness and regional specialties. Even amongst French cities Paris has long been considered second to Lyon for fine dining. For a complete discussion of French gastronomy see the Eat section of our article on France.

That said the Parisien restaurant trade is very much alive and well, and in fact experiencing a bit of a renaissance after having nearly been eclipsed by certain English-speaking cities such as San Francisco, Sydney, and (the shame of it!) London during the 1990s. Today you can find hundreds of beautiful restaurants with thoughtful (or just trendy) interior design and well-planned and executed cartes and menus offering a creative mélange of French and exotic foreign cuisines. It's safe to say that Paris is once again catching up to if not passing its anglophone rivals.

Of course there are also some really fantastic traditional offerings, and for the budget conscious there are hundreds if not thousands of traditional bistros, with their sidewalk terraces offering a choice fairly simple (usually meat centered) meals for reasonable prices.
Wiki

If you want to treat yourself for a fancy French cuisine... Posted 28 February 2006
Try Benoit, 5 eme... Its a little bit pricey but the food is really fabulous!!!!
iviria
Paris Forums Starter

Posted 01 March 2006
Hey Iviria!
Welcome to the forums!
What cousine do they serve?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Eating in paris Posted 13 September 2008
NewExpat wrote:Heloo there I've just arrived to Paris.
Where is the best place to eat in paris?
Thank you.

do you really need this advice? I mean I would die of hunger if I waited for a response :lol:
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 September 2008
I'd go to Le Jules Vernes, it is a restaurant on an upper level of the Eiffel Tower
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Eating in paris Posted 28 May 2010
lol @Maximus's comment.. anyway.. this is a pretty tough question to ask since there are a lot of good restaurants in Paris. it really depends on your budget and the type of food you want to eat. there are some good vegan restaurants and there are also some fastfood as well. for me, the best restaurant is the one 46 avenue de la Bourdonnais. i love this restaurant not only because they serve good food but because it has a great view of the Eiffel tower. Plus! you can bring your pooch along with you! :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help