1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Buying Small Apartment In Paris.

Buying small apartment in Paris. Posted 03 November 2008
I would like to buy small place in Paris. I don’t know too much about the different neighborhoods. I like close to a park and not too close to tourist areas.
Are the prices going down? Which areas have potential for appreciation? What are the typical sell prices and monthly maitenance fees for a 40+ m2. I like the park Bois de Boulonge but I don’t know if is over my price range of 200k.
Marin

Posted 03 November 2008
Hi there Marin,
see this link maybe it will help you.
http://www.escapeartist.com/Internation ... Paris.html
By the way, you mentioned 200k, did you mean dollars or euros? If it's euros than there would be no problem to buy a good place, if dollars, a little bit tougher. However your advantage is that prices for real estate in Paris now are quite stable. So you can take advantage of that. Besides, euro is getting cheaper against dollar.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 04 November 2008
Take a look at this site, they provide details about appartments in Paris, so will certainly help youj
http://www.paris-aparts.com/index.shtml
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

buying in Paris Posted 05 November 2008
Thank you.
Sorry, I am talking about euros. Do you know the good and the bad areas? I would like to narrow down the search.
marin

Posted 05 November 2008
All the places are nice in Paris. If you want a more silent place, avoid central districts.
200,000 euros would be very tough for a 2 bedroom apartment. For 1 bedroom here is the results I found
http://sale.lodgis.com/en/paris/listing/
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 06 November 2008
Thanks cold_as_ice. Do you live in Paris?
marin

Posted 08 November 2008
I travel very often across all Europe, and Paris is not an exception :)
I do like this city since it does have something specific.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

how is the economy now Cold_as_ice? Posted 19 November 2008
Should I wait until we can see how the house market shows a direction?
You are very helpful and very pretty too. Thanks
marin

Re: how is the economy now Cold_as_ice? Posted 20 November 2008
marin wrote:Should I wait until we can see how the house market shows a direction?

you're making me shy :oops: :oops:
thanks
as for your question, what exactly did you mean by direction? You mean stability? Well, as I said before the real estate market has a stability now in Paris. Note, I'm talking about the "buy it now" prices. If you want mortages, you won't have them, due to the overall economic crisis... Even locals can't obtain it, many went bankrupt, unfortunately.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Direction Posted 20 November 2008
Cold_as_ice wrote:
marin wrote:Should I wait until we can see how the house market shows a direction?

thanks
as for your question, what exactly did you mean by direction? You mean stability? Well, as I said before the real estate market has a stability now in Paris. Note, I'm talking about the "buy it now" prices. If you want mortages, you won't have them, due to the overall economic crisis... Even locals can't obtain it, many went bankrupt, unfortunately.

I see the market in San Francisco and New York difficult to sale, therfore prices are going down. I was thinking that the reaction is spread all over.
You think Paris is stable, but the economy still affecting more any business. I have been checking the prices in the website you have sent me and so far I don't see changes in the offers.

I have looked this area Puteaux which is outside the peripheric but is between La defense and the park. Do you know this area?
Take care

Paris has something specific Posted 20 November 2008
Cold_as_ice wrote:

thanks

What is so specific in paris for you?

Posted 21 November 2008
well it depends from what point of you to watch. Ask me the concrete field you wanna know and I'll tell you what I like in it, since I like Paris as a whole. You can browse this forum for understanding how Paris is so specific.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 21 November 2008
Cold_as_ice wrote:well it depends from what point of you to watch. Ask me the concrete field you wanna know and I'll tell you what I like in it, since I like Paris as a whole. You can browse this forum for understanding how Paris is so specific.

The culture for example. I have not being able to exchange conversations with Parisians, mainly because I don't speak French. I have tried using my Spanish words to get across.

I would like to talk more and I didn't realize that you can not enter an email address.
I have type a lot of staff and did not go thru.

Anyway, I am tired of museums and churches because many people rush into everywhere and try to see as much in a short time. I don’t enjoy that. I rather sit in the café all day and look, talk and think. By the way what is the best way to learn the language, I get bored with the basic lessons such (table, crayon, la mason etc.). I know is important, but I can’t.

Posted 23 November 2008
best way to learn the language is to live within the community that speaks this language. No jokes and no doubts. You will get used to French in no time. What is really important is that you have to dare for more and don't be afraid to talk to people. You can't understand their words but you see their gestures, so your brain combines the gestures with the words and thereby learns the language.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Cold_as_ice Posted 23 November 2008
Cold_as_ice wrote:best way to learn the language is to live within the community that speaks this language. No jokes and no doubts. You will get used to French in no time. What is really important is that you have to dare for more and don't be afraid to talk to people. You can't understand their words but you see their gestures, so your brain combines the gestures with the words and thereby learns the language.

Again thanks for your advise. What do you know about the area Puteaux?
marin

Posted 24 November 2008
Very much modern district. Lots of people there, that's the part I don't really like. But if you're doing business, it would be a great experience for you, since this place is considered to be one of the most "busy" area. Businessmen, bankers everywhere. Also, the area is not so green as the rest of the Paris.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 November 2008
Cold_as_ice wrote:Very much modern district. Lots of people there, that's the part I don't really like. But if you're doing business, it would be a great experience for you, since this place is considered to be one of the most "busy" area. Businessmen, bankers everywhere. Also, the area is not so green as the rest of the Paris.

Isn't it near the Bois de Boulange park?

Where is the best place to meet people, not necessarly for a relationship, but to talk and learn more about the Parisians.
marin

Posted 29 November 2008
If you wanna learn more about Parisians, all the places are good. But, avoid the center of the city, since you will rarely see a Parisian there. The center is full of whomever you want, but Parisians.
And yes, Puteaux is near teh Bois de Boulange park, the only good place for having rest in this district.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 23 December 2008
Cold_as_ice wrote:If you wanna learn more about Parisians, all the places are good. But, avoid the center of the city, since you will rarely see a Parisian there. The center is full of whomever you want, but Parisians.
And yes, Puteaux is near teh Bois de Boulange park, the only good place for having rest in this district.

Happy Christmas and New Year

Posted 02 January 2009
Anonymous wrote:
Cold_as_ice wrote:If you wanna learn more about Parisians, all the places are good. But, avoid the center of the city, since you will rarely see a Parisian there. The center is full of whomever you want, but Parisians.

Happy Christmas and New Year

I am planning to visit Paris by the end of February, I am not sure of the day yet. I would like to stay a month. I do you suggest as a good place to stay. I don't like the idea to stay in a hotel or a hostal since I would like to meet people and the culture, ithought about staying with a family.
Do you know of anyone renting a room for a month? I don't want to feel so alone in a cold hotel without knowing anyone.
Thank you

Posted 04 January 2009
I'm not sure about finding a family but you can try
http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/france/paris/
Admin
Site Admin

Posted 06 January 2009
Thank you for the info

Re: Buying small apartment in Paris. Posted 05 June 2010
Well it looks like you have some pretty good advice from cold_as_ice. If you still have no luck with that, maybe you can check out the forum about accommodations in Paris. There are some ads there about apartments for rent. The ads were posted by fellow forum members so you can chat easily about the prices and stuff. :mrgreen:
lsea_717
Paris forums Member

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Expat Help