1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

JULES VERNE

JULES VERNE Posted 20 August 2005
JULES VERNE
France honors Jules Verne in 2005, 100 years after his death. The author of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is one of the world's most translated writers. This exhibition in France's naval museum recreates the world of the Nautilus and allows us to discover Verne the visionary, whose writings inspired scientists as well as budding explorers. Verne, who lived in the coastal city of Nantes as a boy, enjoyed watching the ships coming and going and dreamed of adventure. He is thought to have taken off on a boat as a youth and was an avid sailor all his life, though perhaps not an "explorer." He quickly grasped the importance of new machines and diving suits displayed at the Universal Exposition of 1867 (and at the current exhibition) and from there his imagination reached the depths of the ocean.

Jules Verne, le Roman de la mer. March 9 to August 31. Musée National de la Marine. Palais de Chaillot. Open daily. 17 place du Trocadéro, 75116. Metro Trocadéro.
http://www.musee-marine.fr/
ShowMustGoOn
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 10 February 2006
When I was a kid I liked Jules VERNE very much, he was one of the first SF authors.
StarTrek
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 10 February 2006
Yeah I liked him too...
Really nice stories!
Frodo
Paris Forums Visitor

Brilliant Posted 30 August 2006
ShowMustGoOn wrote:JULES VERNE

You can make a fortune from this idea. :-)
Saul67742

Posted 05 September 2008
What are the works that Jules Verne wrote? Don't consider me a stupid guy, I just don't like to read much
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
The Journey to the Center of the Earth is the most popular work of his. (my remark)
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 14 February 2009
"The Mysterious Island" - is the best, as for me)
road-finder
Paris Forums Visitor

Posted 16 July 2009
Not a bad choice....
kin4u8
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Culture Chat