1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Where To Start!

Where to Start? Posted 23 February 2009
No threads in this section - I am shocked. It is so easy to whine and complain in Paris! Let me get the ball rolling, with my top 3 ripoff artists in Paris:

1. Chez Michel - I miss the food but not the service at this restaurant near the Gare du Nord. They will cheat you, it is guaranteed, especially if you are considered a tourist. But never fear, if you are Parisian by birth, they will still rip you off, adding items to the bill you never ordered, including the wrong bottle of wine (but more expensive) on the bill, and charging you for items they bring to the table that appear to be offered free, such as a little bowl of mashed potatoes.

2. Orange - if you have trouble with your Internet connection and make the very big mistake of expecting to get tech help by telephone - first, they will not have a solution for your problem, and they will tell you they have to schedule a telephone session with 'an expert' for 30 euros. The expert will run you through all sorts of useless manoevers, and then will say, okay, try this, push the button underneath the livebox. Guess what? That will work.

3. Franprix - remember the prices on the shelf next to the items you select, and then compare those prices with what you are charged at the checkout. At least one or two will not match, and guess which one is the higher price?
mortstiff
Paris Forums Visitor

Where to start! Posted 11 June 2009
Customer service in France can be appalling, so here's a few for my list.

IKEA: I went out to the Paris suburbs to order some bits and pieces from Ikea (I know you get what you pay for, but they had a wardrobe, chair and a few bits and bobs I wanted)... Anyway, the delivery men turned up - my partner was heavily pregant and it was about 8am so she was pretty sleepy when they dragged in all these heavy boxes. They told her how many there were asked her to check and sign. It was impossible for her to check because the boxes were 40kg each in some cases, and piled on top of each other (about 20 in total). They insisted they'd brought in the right number. Turns out the chair was missing, so she called Ikea within 2 hours of the order being received to let them know... To cut a long story short, 5 phonecalls, 2 faxes and 20 emails later they consistently refuse point blank to send out the missing chair.

LA POSTE: I was in desperate need of some business supplies, and so paid to have them sent 24 hour Colissimos ervice. 3 days later, I get a note saying they tried to deliver but I wasn't in (a complete lie as I'm always there and was waiting eagerly). The local post office were angry for me too, and said it's a common trick of theirs to lie about such things. Another 4 days later I got it, but by that time I had to fork out another 300+ euros because I couldn't wait!
A couple of weeks later exactly the same thing happened again. In short don't trust Colissimo to get goods to you within the promised times.

PIZZA HUT: They're not a million miles down the road, but took half an hour to deliver, and charge for the phonecall when you want to order (or complain)... Pizza was cold.

...Wish I could remember the name of the restaurant, but it's just off the Champs-Élysées. My girlfriend works nearby, so we'd sometimes meet here for lunch (popular place). They short changed us, so we told the girl. As we came off the table we had to wait (place was busy and it was a squeeze between tables). The waiter behind us literally told us to "vamoosh", because we were in his way. When we told him we had to wait because we'd been given the wrong change, he replied "we're not thieves here!".

PARIS TAXIS: Only used them once. Girlfriend was in pain and we called the SOS doctor out who we had to pay. He wrote us out a note to say the taxi would be reimbursed and told us to go to the hospital. The taxi driver took us on a wild goose chase, and didn't take a direct route. He kept tail gating the cars in front, and would then slam on his brakes (causing my partner even more pain) shouting as though it were the other driver's fault! To make things worse she couldn't get the taxi fees reimbursed from the State despite the doctor's signed note.

ROISSY BUS: Last time I had to return to the UK, I came back to CDG airport, and jumped on the Roissy bus. The driver tried to rip me off by 5 euros (I knew exactly how much I had given him), so I had to kick up a fuss to get that back.... I'm convinced he was trying it on.

METRO FOOD/DRINK DISPENSERS: Put your money in and you gamble as to whether anything comes out!
zarathustra
Paris Forums Starter

Where to Start? Posted 20 August 2011
Well,as well as i am concerned with Paris then i cant think about the poor services of any restaurant there.I do not know that why are you talking about in this way on that restaurant.
Crooks
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Where to Start? Posted 22 October 2011
I'm Happy about orange.
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

Re: Where To Start! Posted 29 August 2013
Wow that kind of cheating sucks.
Thank you zarathustra.
Dumitru
Paris Forums Visitor

Re: Where To Start! Posted 29 August 2013