1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Amazing News!!! UEFA Cup Was Bought!!!

Amazing news!!! UEFA cup was bought!!! Posted 01 October 2008
A very interesting news I heard of today.
Football becomes less and less trusty game. When I said trusty, I meant that we can't be sure that the victory of a certain team is a really desireable one. So, today, members of Russian mafia, arrested in Spain, claimed they determined the results of UEFA cup by bribing. According to their sayings, tens of millions of euros were used for buying the UEFA cup and making Zenit St Petersburg win. That doesn't surprise anymore, we witnessened a lot of bribe scandals over the last years. But, the UEFA cup, I think, was never disputed.
Let's remember that Zenit beat Glassgow Rangs 2:0 in May, in the final. The victory seemed to be natural. Nobody would say that it was a spectacle or something. Police says they have tracked a phone call conversation that proves this fact.

Spanish police is now investigating the case. They wanna know whether concrete players were bribed. Before the final, Zenit beat Bayern Munchen at 4:0. So Bayern might also be involved in this scandal.
The newspaper El Pais said that Petrov, in a taped telephone conversation, "said that 50 million had been paid to Bayern.

UEFA started its investigation as well.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 22 October 2008
Investigations now show that the probable amount for buying the cup was 50 million euros. A player will never gain so fast this money, that's why it might be a reason, indeed.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 27 October 2008
The Spanish say it was not for the first time when Russian mafia interferes in sports. They gave examples when former Soviet Union citizens were involved in box matches cheating.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 31 October 2008
This was just a worthless gang, consider everybody. Moreover, the rumour about this gang was only written by a newspaper, so it could even be untrue.
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 13 July 2009
how sad!...
The victory seemed to be natural. Nobody would say that it was a spectacle or something.
be aware for the bad person! Thank's!...
thel
Paris Forums Starter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Paris Sports Talk