1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Experienced English Teacher Looking For A Teaching Job - Or Any Other Part Time Work Available!

experienced English teacher looking for a teaching job - or any other part time work available! Posted 29 August 2011
Hello,

My name is Eleanor, I am 22 years old. I have a BSc degree in psycholohy and philosophy, and I am CELTA qualified to teach English. I am moving to Paris for a while and I am looking for teaching or other work available.
I am dynamic, adaptable, enthusiastic and highly motivated. I have experience in teaching and commerce, and I have been involved in a variety of other community projects. (A copy of my resume is pasted below).

I am available to work from the 20th of September.
If there are any questions please contact me.

Eleanor Baker

RESUME:
EDUCATION
2011 Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults: Pass A
2008-2011 University of Bristol, Philosophy & Psychology 2:1

2000-2007 Harrogate Ladies College, Harrogate
A Levels: English Literature (A), Biology (A), Geography (A), Religious Studies (A)
GCSEs: 10 subjects (all A or A*)

WORK EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION AND CHILDCARE
August – September 2011: BEET language school
• After completing my CELTA course at ITTC, I was immediately recruited by the same company to teach in their language school. This has enabled me to consolidate and put into immediate practise all of the skills that the CELTA certificate had taught me.

August 2007-August 2008: Otjikondo Primary School, Namibia
My year living as a volunteer at a rural African Primary School involved a variety of projects:
• I gave English and Maths lessons, and I was responsible for all the art, music, sport and drama.
• Organised activities at the school including a nativity play and summer school play, musical concerts, and competitions within the school.
• Helping with parents day, and sitting in staff meetings added to my sense of responsibility.
• Living there as part of the community I was also involved in all the day to day aspects of life, including the cleaning and cooking and farming.

July 2006: Au Pair, France
• Looking after 4 children all day aged 4-11 in a foreign country and language developed my communication skills.

September 2005 – December 2006: Duke of Edinburgh Trainer
• Training people undertaking Bronze Duke of Edinburgh in route planning, navigation and map reading skills.
• Supervising their training walks and examined expedition.
• Training the group on the importance of team work and communications within the group.

COMMERCE
January 2009-July 2010: Fable Trading Ltd, UK Distributor for Trollbeads, Bristol
• Responsible for maintaining sufficient stock
• Picking and packing the correct beads before dispatching them to the relevant shops around the country
• Handling customer queries and complaints

Summer 2007: Mackenzie Smokehouse, Blubberhouses, North Yorkshire
• This enabled me to experience all aspects of running a small business.
• My work involved preparing fish, office based work, telephone communications with customers, and interface with the customers in the shop.

COMMUNITY
September 2010: Italy Farmstay, Italy
• Volunteering on a self-sustainable agri-tourism farm for a month involved manual labour, housework, cooking, waitressing, and answering guest enquiries.
• Immersing myself in a family-run business meant that everything was hands on, and consequentially I was helping with the farm work, guest relations and bookkeeping side of the business.
• Being unable to speak Italian meant that my communication skills were further stretched and improved.

October 2010 – April 2011: MATES mentor scheme, Bristol
• I volunteered as a mentor for a Government run scheme for vulnerable teenagers. I have developed skills in communication, interpersonal relations, and positive forward thinking and goal making. I was congratulated by the organisers on my input.

2010-2011: Student Community Action Projects, Bristol
These have worked upon my interpersonal relations. Projects include:
• Helping the charity ‘Shelter’ to relocate a family.
• Accompanying trips out for adults with learning difficulties.
• Volunteering for the student Helpline. This involved being paired with another person for overnight shifts and taking calls from students who needed someone to listen to them. I was also on the committee for the scheme, organising people for the shifts, and ensuring that the rota was filled for each week.

OTHER SKILLS
Computing Basic keyboard skills, touch typing 70wpm. Experienced user of MS Word, including Excel and PowerPoint. GCSE level attained.

School Prefect and Student representative I enjoyed the tasks and skills that my positions of
for Bristol University philosophy department responsibility required.

Driving Clean Current Licence

INTERESTS
Music Piano grade 6 and clarinet grade 5, I have also played in orchestras. I was in a Cathedral choir aged 9-15, and then joined my school choir for 2 years.

Reading Particularly enjoy gripping novels, and I am interested in reading around the philosophy and psychology topics that I studied.

Sport I play tennis with my local club at home, and helped run and organise the tennis tournament for the last two years. I enjoy keeping fit, and walk and swim regularly.

Travel Since my year in Namibia, I have constantly set-aside money for travelling, and integrating with other cultures.
Eleanor_Baker
Paris Forums Starter

Return to Professionals looking for jobs in Paris