1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Why I Got Fired

Why i got fired Posted 28 June 2012
Hello,

there's an experience i want to share. Like everyone i got the job of my life in some well known corporation that is listed somewhere between the dow jones and the nasdaq.

Here is how i lost my job : i was doing my regular paperwork, as i do all the time, without being worried by any mistake i could do because i thought i was doing my job fairly.

But one day, i had a decision to take that would involve the leadership of my corporation. All the top executives would be affected by what i had to decide.

The decision was clear, i had to protect the patent of some project we had but someone got a hand on it... He had it all and he was ready to sell the information to the competition, I had to do what the guy was asking for, he asked for reasonable stuff but i wasn't mature enough to listen, because i was just so confident in my company.

But what happened the day after tomorrow completely changed my life. I did not reacted because i was too confident, and the secret went out to the competition. When the competition took leadership based on the research of the company, the top executives went investigating throughout the corporation to know what happened. I had to face the commission and explain what happened and... i lost my job.

I wanted to share this story because in my opinion, you never know, sometimes you think your decision will have no impact or no consequences for your company's leadership, because you bet it will not, but if it does, you later on regret and take another job because they're going to fire you.

Be cautious

Never trust your judgement if it tells you that you're fine
Loukas
Paris Forums Frequenter

Return to Paris General Chat