1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Sarkozy And The Medditeranean Union

Sarkozy and the Medditeranean Union Posted 26 September 2008
The president of France, Nicolas Sarkozy established a union of the Mediterranean Area. This union includes all EU member + some non-EU members and certain Northern African countries.
According to Sarkozy, this union will give a lot of facilities to countries (inside this union) that are not yet EU members. It is also believed it will bring peace between Israel and its neighbours.
Still, there are concerns claiming that there are other hidden objectives for what the given union was created.
Maximus
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
It is the first time I hear about this union
Elis
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
me too
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 28 September 2008
There are too many unions in Europe. Guess what will happen if each President of an european country will come up with such an idea
mixi
Paris forums Member

Posted 28 September 2008
I guess people who usually protest anti-globalization events will have a tight schedule in the near future :)
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 29 September 2008
some unions are created, others break up. It has always been so. It's just that earlier these units were called empires.
Cold_as_ice
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 29 September 2008
THere are no empires nowadays
Planetman
Paris Forums Frequenter

Posted 18 October 2008
Empire is any monarchy that for reasons of history, prestige, etc., has an emperor rather than a king as head of state. Fortunately we don't have territories which are entirely led by a single persons. But, if not taking into account this fact, how is EU different from an empire?
tulaka
Paris Forums Frequenter

1 Qatar Jobs .com The First Place to Find a Job in Qatar

Return to Political Debates